Author Topic: Glans ring  (Read 10472 times)

Offline dal1189

• NSFW Access
Glans ring
« on: 2017-05-30 23:44:42 »
Hi everyone
I was wondering where I can find a glans ring and any suggestions about what to get.

Thanks!

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
Re: Glans ring
« Reply #1 on: 2017-06-01 02:20:50 »
As glans rings go, I personally favor the Kumakkey style. It is extra comfortable for me because of its unique shape. It's designed to avoid pressure on the urethra, but more importantly for me, this also minimizes discomfort to the frenulum. I don't actually own a genuine Kumakkey, in stead I have made several versions of my own knock-off. I personally think that my knock-offs are probably more comfortable than the real thing, because my original attempts to duplicate it more closely had some comfort issues, and my later versions, which deviated more from the genuine Kumakkey are designed to fix these comfort issues. I have been meaning to post some tutorials on how to make these here, but I just never seem to get around to it, because it is a lot more involved than a simple quick post like this one. But if you are interested, maybe I will try to do it in the next couple of weeks. In the mean time, visit kumakkey.com to see what I'm talking about. They have some newer models which seem very gimmicky to me. I think the original is still the best. Here is a link to that one. http://kumakkey.com/newkumakkeyhybrid.html

Offline Maxl

• NSFW Access
« Reply #2 on: 2017-06-01 04:53:30 »
Hi dal1189,
for a first trial of size and comfort you can use rubber O-Rings from a DIY-store, this is a low-cost alternative.
Some years ago I got a set of 420 black O-Rings from 3 to 50 mm inner diameter for just 8.- Euros.
Occasionally I wear one of those, either on the glans, the penis shaft or both.
Smaller sizes from the set are suitable to repair dripping water taps  :)

Offline cavalier

• NSFW Access
« Reply #3 on: 2017-06-13 20:38:53 »
Smaller sizes from the set are suitable to repair dripping water taps  :)

I am sure the 3mm one would stop a dripping cock as well. Ouch!

Offline Nexolaris

• NSFW Access
  • Bare knob forever
« Reply #4 on: 2017-06-14 04:21:24 »
I am sure the 3mm one would stop a dripping cock as well. Ouch!
That's only a good idea if one's aiming for a penectomy as well.

Offline SilverHawk

• NSFW Access
« Reply #5 on: 2017-07-03 20:51:11 »
Hello, from where i can acquire a kumakkey style ring? I can find any on ebay or amazon? I never tried these type of rings but looks like it'll be easy to adjust the foreskin with it. Plus how long these rings last? Every how much time do you change them?

Sometime for me it takes time to leave it retracted and it's so uncomfotable!

Greetings

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #6 on: 2017-07-04 20:11:18 »
Hello, from where i can acquire a kumakkey style ring? I can find any on ebay or amazon? I never tried these type of rings but looks like it'll be easy to adjust the foreskin with it. Plus how long these rings last? Every how much time do you change them?

Sometime for me it takes time to leave it retracted and it's so uncomfotable!

Greetings
kumakkey are one of those rings that you pretty much have to get from the manufacturer, or from select distributors on the Asian market. I don't know of any US source for a genuine Kumakkey. That's one reason why I made my own knockoff.

My knockoffs have lasted me a long time. I've used them on and off for years without having to replace them.

Offline SilverHawk

• NSFW Access
« Reply #7 on: 2017-07-06 23:15:19 »
Looks great! Can you show me a link from where i can order one non genuine at least? Or show me a photo of the one you make for yourself?

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #8 on: 2017-07-07 22:20:35 »
Looks great! Can you show me a link from where i can order one non genuine at least? Or show me a photo of the one you make for yourself?
I don't know of any source to order non-genuine Kumakkeys. I will try to post some pictures of the ones I made soon.

Offline SilverHawk

• NSFW Access
« Reply #9 on: 2017-07-08 23:24:55 »
Cool! I really want to see your work!

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #10 on: 2017-07-23 21:46:18 »
Okay, sorry for the delay. I was traveling a lot. Here are some examples of my Kumakkey knockoffs. The first is one of my early models. It's is the closest to a genuine Kumakkey in that it uses a thin elastic string and small knobs on the ends of the tubing. The second one is the same as the first, but using a much thicker silicone elastic in place of the thin elastic string. I found this much more comfortable, because the thin elastic string would kind of cut into the groove behind the glans. This ones fits perfectly, and is very comfortable. The third one is my current model, and favorite. There have been several variations in between, but this is the best. It uses the thicker silicone elastic in the groove, and it has a sort of loop on the back, instead of the small knobs. This loop effectively prevents foreskin rollovers, which did occasionally occur with the small knobs on the earlier versions. There was also some occasional pinching of the foreskin between the knobs and the tubing with earlier models. The continuous nature of the loop eliminates this problem completely.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-23 21:47:52 by soundsgreat87 »

guest1333

« Reply #11 on: 2017-07-24 05:35:20 »
Very cool! Can you take a pic where you wear the last one?

Offline SilverHawk

• NSFW Access
« Reply #12 on: 2017-07-24 14:29:59 »
I really admire the way you made them! They look so well professionaly made! The 3rd version especially looks like from the looks very comfortable!   :D

I' d appreciate if you'd give us a quick guide of how to make one or tell from where to find the the exact pieces to make one!

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #13 on: 2017-07-24 19:48:10 »
As I've said before, in other threads, I don't want to post pictures of my cock online, so I will not post any pics of me wearing these. Sorry.

I hope to do a proper, step-by-step tutorial with pictures in a separate thread. I actually posted one for my first successful model in one of the old Yahoo groups years ago. But for now, I will just give you some details about the materials.

The original model was made using silicone air line tubing for aquariums for the main body. The little spring that keeps the front notched for frenulum comfort is just a small piece of wire, shaped appropriately and inserted into the tubing. For the knobs I had originally used cut off Q-tip ends (not pictured), which worked okay, but needed to be replaced frequently. Eventually I replaced those with fuel line plugs for RC airplanes. Discovering those was a tipping point, for several reasons. RC fuel line, it turns out, is much better than aquarium air line. They are both made from silicone, but somehow different. Aquarium line is stiffer from the start, and gets even stiffer with age. The fuel line tubing is softer, and remains softer over time. I've used it for years and never seen it stiffen. The fuel line can also be purchased in several diameters, which is nice, because I found that a somewhat wider outer diameter was more comfortable for me behind the head. Also, the inner diameter was actually smaller, which fit better for the plugs, which are specifically designed to fit the fuel line. You can see in the picture of the first two models that the plugs are kind of popping out somewhat. This is partly because the aquarium line is old and has lost its elasticity. But also because of the larger inner diameter. Sometimes they would pop out during use, which was inconvenient. I believe Kumakkey uses latex tubing, which might be softer and more stretchy, but I have not found any easily available that has the right inner and outer diameters. So I use silicone, which is fine. In fact, it's probably more bio-compatible anyway, and more resistant to degradation from oils, like CLA, which I sometimes use during retraction.

For the elastic string, I initially tried those stretchy strings used for making elastic bracelets and the like. Stretch Magic is one brand. I tried several different diameters and elasticities, but they all cut into my sulcus too much. Then I tried those little, almost invisible rubber bands for hair (pictured, first model). You can get a huge pack of them at many dollar stores. These worked better, because they were softer and most elastic, but they also broke too frequently. And like the Stretch Magic, they were so thin that they still bit into the sulcus somewhat. I imagine that this is probably a problem with genuine Kumakkey rings as well, although I've never tried one. I eventually replaced the string with a much thicker silicone hair tie called "Scunci, No Slip Grip Evolution Gel Elastic Hair Elastic." They come in various colors. A black one is shown in the second pic, a clear one in the third. The elasticity and softness varies slightly with with different colors.

In the latest model, in the third picture, I used the fuel line for the body, and used a fuel line connector to join the ends of the tubing, to form that little loop. Because the tubing forms a loop, I couldn't just stuff the elastic into the ends, so I punched small holes in the tubing, into which I threaded the Scunci elastic. It fits perfectly, but is a bit tricky to get in there. I use a cut off Q-tip shaft as a tool to push it in to the desired position, and also as a wedge to keep it from slipping too much. It still slips a little bit, every now and then. I've considered gluing it in, but I haven't tried that yet.