News:

A forum for people interested in keeping the foreskin pulled back — be it for fun, for health reasons or anything else: Let's share experience, methods, stories and all that about our pulled back foreskins.

NB. This is not a circumcision support group. While there's no problem with cut guys, this isn't your place to live out your foreskin removal fetish — plenty of forums for that elsewhere.

Other than that: please read the Readme in the readme forum, write an intro... have fun I guess? :)

Please note that registration is manually approved due to Russian bot spam. Do not register multiple accounts, just wait till approved.

Main Menu

Doubts on pulling back and it's effect

Started by Deku, 2023-06-22 10:58:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Deku

I've started pulling back for a few backs now but after joining this forum and reading forums on keratinization I am confused about the long term effects. As of now I have a smooth glans in both soft and erect state. From the pictures available here the glans seem to be rough and wrinkly after long term retraction and that's what bugs me as to what extent should I practice this and whether the decreased sensitivity is as good as it sounds. Please share your experiences. Tips and advices would also be helpful.

Kylar

I've gone for like 40 days without covering and for several months with just a few days here and there missed being uncovered - those definitely weren't enough to make my glans super rough, but I know it is much less sensitive than it was before (or when kept covered for a longer time). But I also don't use strange substances on my glans, so maybe it's that.  And that every body is different and reacts differently.

In any case, if you feel you've had enough, just cover the head again - it's up to you.

botanicjoe

I can tell you from my experience doing it for 8+ months 24/7 naturally, without any rings to hold it in place etc., that after a few weeks you see a dramatic change in sensitivity, but not much change in terms of appearance, your glans will be pretty much the same for a while. After those few weeks things gets really slow. I still have spots where is a bit sensitive, but I don't feel majority of glans rubbing the clothes. Glans became a little rougher and dryer but nothing crazy.

To what extent you should practice is up to you, what is your goal, why did you start doing it etc. For me I want more sensitivity gone, it's all about preference. We don't start equal, some people are more sensitive, some less, some just care about the looks, some don't.

Also, you need to consider that those rough glanses you saw are not maybe all from just pulling back method, some guys use other methods, combinations, to dry it out faster/more etc. for example popular one is surgical spirits.

I read testimonies from people that were circumcised for decades, that restored their foreskin (which is a very lengthy procedure, 1-2 years of 24/7 skin stretching with some silly contraption ) and some of their sensitivity in glans is back, not all, but enough so they can notice, and they are happy, even though their inner foreskin is gone at the surgery so basically they have skin over the glans, so I guess nothing is 100% permanent.

Whatever you do it won't change overnight, so you will have time to react, stop or continue. Sit back, relax, pull it back and don't stress/overthink. Believe in process as they say :D

HeroicGlance

OP:  It's all a matter of self-care.  I am hesitant to use terms such as "toxic masculinity" in a forum such as this, but among the erroneous things about our bodies that we're told as young men is "don't touch yourself down there," and "It'll take care of itself."

As a result, a lot of men are allergic to the idea of actually treating any part of their body with exceptional care.

If you're looking at pics of older cut men that have a glans that looks like a topographical map of Colorado - that's because they assumed "It'll take care of itself" and that wear & tear was "normal."

If you are looking at photos of people who are trying to speed-keratinize using prolonged exposure to mineral spirits/rubbing alcohol, understand: you don't have to do it that way. 

Just like any part of your body, the glans adjusts to the conditions that it is exposed to.  If you continuously expose it to caustic chemicals and harsh treatment, its appearance will reflect that.

If you treat your exposed glans & retracted foreskin with care, its appearance will reflect that, as well.

Take this opportunity to learn more about your body.  I never understood the importance of exfoliation, until I began retracting - now I do it every day to my whole body and face.  I found applying cannabis-infused coconut oil to my glans was far more effective at helping me adjust, than wrapping my penis is an a towel soaked in alcohol.

Check out my other posts- you can see my results back up what I say.
Retracting for 21 years. Heterosexual.

PossibleMagician130

If I'm not mistaken, the glans penis is made of the same type of tissue as our lips are - mucous membranes. So, if the glans is exposed to rubbing alcohol - which I do not recommend - and even excessive sun exposure, then it will begin to have damage, like lips that have not been protected and even subjected to harsh damage. You may have to consider that the men advocating for extreme methods that make you lose sensation may be trying to spread their own sexual nullification fetish, so if your interest does not align you should put their advice where it belongs.

The degree of keratinization can be thick, or light. Keratinization will primarily reduce your ability to feel fine texture. That's why palming an exposed glans is torture for an unretracted guy, but maybe bearable or even pleasurable for someone who exposes his glans more often. I am uncertain if deep keratinization will affect your ability to feel the texture of a woman's cunt walls. In my opinion, past a certain stage loss of sensitivity does not help you with sex, it only harms your ability to enjoy it.

The thing is also that keratinization is not the only adaptation to an exposed glans. There may be a neural adaptation as well. I think that there have been brain scans that show that the same region of the brain that activates through prostate stimulation also activates via glans stimulation. So having your glans constantly exposed, but especially to heavy sensation like underwear friction, may mean a constant state of stimulation which your brain will subsequently tamp down on to bring back to normal. Over time, the brain may rewire how you achieve orgasm, and it may even forget things when it comes to arousal and sensation.

So if you're worried about losing sensation, keep your glans covered. As long as you can retract it manually or during sex, and hygiene is good without inflammation, there is no need to keep your glans permanently exposed.

Quote from: Deku on 2023-06-22 10:58:07
I've started pulling back for a few backs now but after joining this forum and reading forums on keratinization I am confused about the long term effects. As of now I have a smooth glans in both soft and erect state. From the pictures available here the glans seem to be rough and wrinkly after long term retraction and that's what bugs me as to what extent should I practice this and whether the decreased sensitivity is as good as it sounds. Please share your experiences. Tips and advices would also be helpful.