News:

A forum for people interested in keeping the foreskin pulled back — be it for fun, for health reasons or anything else: Let's share experience, methods, stories and all that about our pulled back foreskins.

NB. This is not a circumcision support group. While there's no problem with cut guys, this isn't your place to live out your foreskin removal fetish — plenty of forums for that elsewhere.

Other than that: please read the Readme in the readme forum, write an intro... have fun I guess? :)

Please note that registration is manually approved due to Russian bot spam. Do not register multiple accounts, just wait till approved.

Main Menu

A question about how to keep glans dry

Started by FakeJake, 2022-11-30 13:22:47

Previous topic - Next topic

FakeJake

Hi everyone!A newbie of pull back.Recently I've taped back 24/7, and I found a problem of my glans.Usually it's dry and not over sensitive, but once my foreskin reach my glans, it will get moisty very quickly. Just be covered for a few seconds can destroy my progress. :'(
So I wonder why it happens?Are there any chemical reactions?LOL I want to keep it dry all day long and please give me suggestions. Thx a lot!

Nivek

I think the moistness is from the inner foreskin, not the glans. Using tape method, inner foreskin is not really exposed. Maybe you can try to alternate with other methods such as glans ring!

Pulled back veterans, what are your thoughts?!

hung.part.timer

Yeah, I think this is more or less your body working as designed. I think that over time, reintroducing moisture isn't going to have a negative impact. If you're retracted 95% of the time taped back and dry then your glans will dry out more and more and then become more permanent.

Stickler99

Surgical spirit will sting like a bastard the first couple of times but will aid both the glands and inner foreskin to get used to it's new position.

BenTwilley

Quote from: Stickler99 on 2022-11-30 17:47:16
Surgical spirit will sting like a bastard the first couple of times but will aid both the glands and inner foreskin to get used to it's new position.
Agree. It does sting, but after a couple of applications the stinging stops and it does the job perfectly.
Ben Twilley

ThePiemel

What you describe is a perfectly natural process. Once covered, your penis keeps your glans wet. Mine does the same. They all work the same. It mostly comes from glands under the ridge of the glans. But even the very thin skin of a glans is capable of sweating (you put your foreskin sweater over it and it simply sweats). Just like all parts of skin are. Which actually means that under tropical circumstances, even when you are fully retracted, you sweat all over. And even on your retracted foreskin and glans.

The reason a covered glans gets moist is because in closed conditions it might brood (hope I use the right English word here!). It is to keep everything inside healthy. The same reason why the inside of your mouth is always wet. Same mechanism.

When retracted, your skin forms an extra layer of keratine. Like you have on all other outer skin. Other defense system because there is no way to keep it moist all the time anymore. Nice part is that when after that you cover it a bit (or travel to the tropics) it gives this nice soft felt feeling. While it is no longer over sensitive. Like someone from Louis Vuitton designed it. It adds value even when not thinking about sex but while just scratching your balls  8) That is why many guys like retracting.

PermanetlyBareKnob

It just takes time and patience. If you keep your glans continuously exposed (or nearly so), it will gradually keratinize.  The process takes weeks or months. Once it does, even if your foreskin rolls forward for brief times, your glans won't get sticky, and it won't get as moist as quickly, though it if you leave your foreskin forward long enough, it will get a little moist.

So just stick with the retraction, and I think you'll be pleased with the results!

jdm

You might want to try some ionic silica liquid. Once it dries, it repels moisture very well, and keeps the glans surface very dry.

burtonian

Ionic silica liquid.

What is it, where do you get it, and is it safe?  I have never heard of this in the U.K.  I understand what the original poster means and agree it can be an annoyance.  We are currently 'enjoying' a cold spell here and this causes my spooned back efforts to turtleneck somewhat, leading to moisture issues even though it is then the outer skin partly covering the glans.  Roll on the sunshine again!

burtonian

Thanks jimmy but the link shows a product that seems intended to be taken internally, the context of JDM's post led me to think it was to be applied externally.  I can understand that some form of non-sticky, water repellent ointment might help, if there is such a thing.  Perhaps some form of wax?

In my case, as a grower, flaccid length is very temperature dependent😥, hence the turtling.

PossibleMagician130

Sensitivity of the glans is a good thing and that's why the body keeps it a bit moist. With this sensitivity you will be able to feel the inner textures of a woman's cunt walls, and you can feel her quivering when she orgasms.

jdm

Quote from: burtonian on 2022-12-15 10:49:04
Ionic silica liquid.

What is it, where do you get it, and is it safe?  I have never heard of this in the U.K.  I understand what the original poster means and agree it can be an annoyance.  We are currently 'enjoying' a cold spell here and this causes my spooned back efforts to turtleneck somewhat, leading to moisture issues even though it is then the outer skin partly covering the glans.  Roll on the sunshine again!
This is the one I've used. I transfer some of it into an empty jar, and dip my entire glans into it. Once it dries, it repels moisture very effectively.

https://www.amazon.com/Eidon-Silica-Supplement-18-Ounce/dp/B00028Q7HK/ref=sr_1_2?crid=R3KW2O8XPDOL&keywords=Eidon+Liquid+Silica&qid=1672185765&sprefix=eidon+liquid+silica+%2Caps%2C631&sr=8-2