News:

A forum for people interested in keeping the foreskin pulled back — be it for fun, for health reasons or anything else: Let's share experience, methods, stories and all that about our pulled back foreskins.

NB. This is not a circumcision support group. While there's no problem with cut guys, this isn't your place to live out your foreskin removal fetish — plenty of forums for that elsewhere.

Other than that: please read the Readme in the readme forum, write an intro... have fun I guess? :)

Please note that registration is manually approved due to Russian bot spam. Do not register multiple accounts, just wait till approved.

Main Menu

Is a glans ring a means to an end, a training device, something else altogether

Started by hung.part.timer, 2022-11-26 18:08:18

Previous topic - Next topic

The point of a glans ring is to...

train the foreskin so it stays back on it's own in the future without the ring
24 (53.3%)
keep the foreskin retracted and in place behind the head (a means to an end)
8 (17.8%)
have fun and enjoy both how it looks and how it feels
13 (28.9%)

Total Members Voted: 45

hung.part.timer

I guess this may be obvious for everyone else here, but I just realized that I don't know the definitive answer or function of a glans ring. For some reason I've always assumed guys that use glans rings expect that they will utilize them forever, and it only recently dawned on me that they could simply be  training tools to produce results when they're not in place.

Is there a standard understanding here? I've recently become interested in optimizing the flattened gap between the coronal ridge and where the first wrinkle of any foreskin becomes visible, and I'm thinking a glans ring could be a potentially great training device...

Anyone able to share their thoughts and experiences?

jimmy

If it works use it! Didn't for me as I don't find it comfortable to use long term

soundsgreat87

I'm sure it could be either one depending on the guy. I've heard plenty of stories of guys using a ring until they didn't need it anymore, and just as many of guys always wearing one.

pelagian

I'd say there is no 'definitive answer': it's whatever you want to make of it! They are very helpful at making the foreskin stay retracted, but can also be regarded as simply enhancement, like any other form of jewellery. Plenty of circumcised guys wear glans rings, both for looks and for sexual reasons (restricts the blood flow, so the glans is enlarged).
Pulled back for about 20 years, circumcised in 2013. Real men have bare helmets!!!

Johnscot

I have no problems wearing a glans ring (home made) and can keep it on for days/weeks at a time, removing only when having a shower.

However after prolonged wearing I  found it "trained" my foreskin to stay back so I rarely use it now, only if my foreskin starts to roll forward again and I'll then wear it for a few days.

ThePiemel

The use of a glans ring is for comfort.

A foreskin is not just skin, it has a musculous layer. Just like a scrotum. The latter more easily detected. You are nice and warm at home, pull the door of the fridge open and up goes your balls and the whole bag with it. Like magic ;-) There is a similar mechanism in foreskin. You try to train it to stay back. But at times it just crawls back over during the day. At the most inconvenient moments in public. And you feel it move, so you are constantly reminded about it. Personally I am not to worried anymore about what people think of me (or my opinions) but giving the impression I am playing with my dick the whole day even goes too far for me. A well fitted ring helps to keep the skin in place and accept  my preferred position from now on. While I am not reminded by it the whole day because my life is about more than penis. Macho as I am. Of course.

So it is not a kinky thing. Or anything weird. Only problem would be when it is too wide and falls through a trouser leg. And my secretary asks is this yours sir?

Funny thing. Normally skin can not shrink after long term expansion. My foreskin did. I suspect it is the muscular layer that found a new neutral position. I can go to sleep covered and wake up bare. Pull the skin back over and it just crawls back. Stays like that. Until I open the fridge.

ThePiemel

Quote from: Johnscot on 2022-12-07 19:08:33
I have no problems wearing a glans ring (home made) and can keep it on for days/weeks at a time, removing only when having a shower.

However after prolonged wearing I  found it "trained" my foreskin to stay back so I rarely use it now, only if my foreskin starts to roll forward again and I'll then wear it for a few days.

Your picture tells it all actually. There is still a bit of skin that squeezes. I see it very clearly in your picture. Just behind your glans. That part takes a lot of time to adapt to the other skin around it. Same here although a bit wider. Once that squeeze is gone you can wear it anyway you like. Unless you have a beer with an eskimo. Then everything contracts and that is normal too.

scotsguy27

I would say its multi-functional.

If you need it to help keep your foreskin back, it'll help.

If you want to add some more pleasure during sex, it'll do that.

If you want to accessorise your penis, it'll look great.