Author Topic: Is foreskin retraction ok as long as foreskin does not go over glans?  (Read 3908 times)

Offline penismaster21

• NSFW Access
  • Here to learn about autocirc
I recently seen a couple or guides teaching about foreskin retraction, such as spoon method etc. The thing is, i have no need for these methods because my forekin is of a suitable length whereby i can roll it back and it will just stay behind my glans for as long as I want it to.

But, of course, doing it manually, the foreskin tucked back doesn't look as uniform as other manual methods, say, the spoon method.

My question is, does it matter? Or is it good as long as it just gets rolled back and doesn't come over?

Another quick question is, why is it that people qho roll back for an extended period find that the skin no longer covers the glans as easily as before? I thought that it might have been because the skin got shorter due to being in a semi-permanent retracted state but some others told me that wasn't the case.

Thanks!
I'm here to learn about the practice of autocirc, and how it will help with lasting longer in bed

Offline soundsgreat87

Nah, it doesn't matter.

And I think it has more to do with the skin getting used to being folded a certain way. Kind of like how it will adapt to changes in your body shape if you lose/gain weight or muscle mass.

Offline thesevenpointfive

• NSFW Access
Yes agreed, it doesn't matter, if you skin stays back thats fine
Love skining back and letting my head show

Offline Argon

• NSFW Access
Another quick question is, why is it that people who roll back for an extended period find that the skin no longer covers the glans as easily as before? I thought that it might have been because the skin got shorter due to being in a semi-permanent retracted state but some others told me that wasn't the case.

Thanks!
I’ve been retracted 24/7 for nearly 16 years.  When I first started I had full coverage with a small overhang when both soft and hard and my foreskin stayed forward when hard and would have to be pulled back. Now if I try to pull my foreskin over my glans it takes a bit of effort to do and I get maybe 3/4 coverage when soft and 2/3 when hard.  In addition to that, when I do get hard, the foreskin slowly retracts without requiring any assistance from me until my glans is fully exposed.  It’s like retracted is now it’s natural position.  I don’t know if it’s shrunk but I do think the skin isn’t as elastic as it used to be.
Permanently retracted since 1993

Offline PermanetlyBareKnob

• NSFW Access
If your only goal is to to have your glans exposed, whatever method works for you is great!  People have different anatomy some methods work better than others.

I’m lucky enough that multiple methods work more or less well for me, including simple retraction, the spoon method, and taping.  I tend to use taping for masturbation, and spoon method for daily wear, but sometimes Ill simply pull back after a shower.

In an intact penis that isn’t regularly retracted, there are usually two things that cause the foreskin to roll forward and fully cover the glans. The frenulum has a tendency to pull the foreskin forward, and the sphincter muscle in the tip of the foreskin tends to contact, and since the glans gets narrower towards the tip, that tends to pull the foreskin all the forward and the closed past the end of the glans.

If you regualy retract that can stretch out the frenulum, making it less prone to pulling the foreskin forward.  And if you keep your foreskin retracted, that sphincter in the tip of the foreskin gets stretched out to the diameter of your shaft, which means it won’t tend to contact any tighter than that. Since I’ve been retracting for years, even if I roll my foreskin forward, it doesn’t tend to cover more than about 1/3-1/2 my glans, right about where it’s the same diameter as my shaft.