News:

A forum for people interested in keeping the foreskin pulled back — be it for fun, for health reasons or anything else: Let's share experience, methods, stories and all that about our pulled back foreskins.

NB. This is not a circumcision support group. While there's no problem with cut guys, this isn't your place to live out your foreskin removal fetish — plenty of forums for that elsewhere.

Other than that: please read the Readme in the readme forum, write an intro... have fun I guess? :)

Please note that registration is manually approved due to Russian bot spam. Do not register multiple accounts, just wait till approved.

Main Menu

Is it 100% true that sensitivity can be regained if we revert back?

Started by zainmoreland9, 2020-06-11 01:30:37

Previous topic - Next topic

zainmoreland9

I'm retracting at the moment, but I do not want to continue if there's any sensitivity that's gonna be permanently gone.

Say I retract for 10+ years. Then I stop. Does glans sensitivity go back all the way to full?

soundsgreat87

I mean, if you do it for 10 years, how are you going to remember exactly what it felt like before you started?

Sexual pleasure is subjective. You can't really measure it on a number scale. A lot of it is psychological too. I get aroused by seeing my bare glans, which makes me cum harder than before.

zainmoreland9

I mean sensitivity, as in the feeling when you touch it with a finger. Purely that.

For reference, an eyeball would be very sensitive. The hardened skin on your elbow is not.

Kylar

I think the answer is no.  At least I've never heard of a person that ended up with a painfully uncomfortable to touch glans from keeping it covered for years.

Fabik

I can only speak from my little experience, which is very incomplete.

I have been alternating between shorts periods of pulling back and periods of wearing the foreskin. The sensibility decreased very quickly. However wearing the foreskin uninterupted does not bring the glans extreme sensibility back.

That being said, it's not like I spend years without ever pulling back, so I don't know for sure.

Hazeleye

As far as gaining sensitivity back after having been fully back for a long time -- yes it does come back. Does it come back as if it was never retracted, that is one that can never be determined since one tends to loose sensitivity as one matures. I was back for some 35 years and with effort was able to cover the glans for a break. After finally able to be covered for five years with assistance, I never did resume trying to be back because of the then sensitivity. So yes, you would likely get almost as much sensitivity back as before. I went 25 years covered before trying again, it became that sensitive for me not to want to do it again.

thesevenpointfive

Quote from: soundsgreat87 on 2020-06-11 02:22:59
I mean, if you do it for 10 years, how are you going to remember exactly what it felt like before you started?

Sexual pleasure is subjective. You can't really measure it on a number scale. A lot of it is psychological too. I get aroused by seeing my bare glans, which makes me cum harder than before.

Thats a good point about whether you remember the sensitivity or not. s for getting the sensitivity back, i could not say, some on this thread say no, some say yes, its down to experience i suppose

Quote from: Fabik on 2020-06-11 09:57:20
I can only speak from my little experience, which is very incomplete.

I have been alternating between shorts periods of pulling back and periods of wearing the foreskin. The sensibility decreased very quickly. However wearing the foreskin uninterupted does not bring the glans extreme sensibility back.

That being said, it's not like I spend years without ever pulling back, so I don't know for sure.

yes i think that this might be the case
as

Quote from: Hazeleye on 2020-06-12 04:24:32
As far as gaining sensitivity back after having been fully back for a long time -- yes it does come back. Does it come back as if it was never retracted, that is one that can never be determined since one tends to loose sensitivity as one matures. I was back for some 35 years and with effort was able to cover the glans for a break. After finally able to be covered for five years with assistance, I never did resume trying to be back because of the then sensitivity. So yes, you would likely get almost as much sensitivity back as before. I went 25 years covered before trying again, it became that sensitive for me not to want to do it again.

who has the other experience
Love skining back and letting my head show

Hortus

Quote from: Hazeleye on 2020-06-12 04:24:32

Hazeleye has a good point you do lose sensitivity over the years, I am 60 and have been retracting for over 20 years and the sensitivity of the glans does diminish with age whatever you do. Personally I enjoy the dry head and longer staying power, my wife loves the dry rub and seeing my head exposed and sex is still great so do not worry, just enjoy the feeling.
Always skinned back and enjoying the friction of walking, cycling and other sports which move my cock around a bit

scotsguy27

I've been retracting on and off for about 3 years now. I've lost some sensitivity however I'm more sensitive and get my orgasms from different areas now. For instance I appear to be more sensitive at my frenulum and around my coronal ridge and my nipples are now a massive part of masturbation and sex.

__

Quote from: zainmoreland9 on 2020-06-11 01:30:37
I'm retracting at the moment, but I do not want to continue if there's any sensitivity that's gonna be permanently gone.

Say I retract for 10+ years. Then I stop. Does glans sensitivity go back all the way to full?

I can only guess. I have retracted for more than 10 years, with some breaks. The breaks were always less than 2 weeks in duration, and brought no increase whatsoever in sensitivity. So, one can assume that if sensitivity returns in full, it's going to take at least some months. The upper layer of glans skin (and inner foreskin, if you have been exposing it too) need to be completely replaced.
I suspect, but cannot prove, that some loss is permanent because the glans skin gets not only drier but also thicker as a result of exposure. It means at least one extra layers of living cells has been created, and once there, it might be difficult to get "rid" of them. Also I don't know what happens physically to nerve endings after long exposure. They, too, might be located deeper than before, and maybe they won't ever come back to their former position when one stops pulling back. As I said, I am only speculating here.

However, I agree with what soundsgreat wrote, this is also highly psychological. Based on time to orgasm, I am pretty sure I have lost sensitivity from pulling back (now made permanent by being cut) but the brain compensates for it.

Fabik

QuoteI suspect, but cannot prove, that some loss is permanent because the glans skin gets not only drier but also thicker as a result of exposure. It means at least one extra layers of living cells has been created, and once there, it might be difficult to get "rid" of them. Also I don't know what happens physically to nerve endings after long exposure. They, too, might be located deeper than before, and maybe they won't ever come back to their former position when one stops pulling back. As I said, I am only speculating here.
On my side, I suspect, but cannot prove, that much of the glans sensivity and loss of sensitivity is related to how the brain reacts to it, rather than physical changes on the glans or inner foreskin themselves.

When you live almost always with the foreskin closed, any signal from the inner foreskin or glans is interpreted by the brain as an alarm danger. When you start playing with those areas for sex, the brain interprets it as erotic. And if you expose regularly, then the brain interprets it as normal and you won't feel the area anymore.

slate

At the age of 40 I started 100% retraction.  From the age of 5 to the age of 40 my glans lost most of its sensitivity.  I was retracted for 1 month which caused me to loose even more sensitivity.  I returned the foreskin to its normal position for 3 months.  I did regain sensitivity, but I did not regain all of the sensitivity before I started retracting.  Sensitivity loss is caused by age and keeping the glans exposed.  I am now keeping my glans exposed!

Philcanard

For me, I have been on and off for about 1 or 2 years. And I have keept retracted for 2 to 3 hour at most per week in the beginning and after 1 month my glans was already not that sensitive anymore. I tried to stay covered for a long time and it would stay desensitized. For me, once you loose the sensitivity its not going to be like before.
philCan

Schwan

Sorry to bring back old threads but as a newcomer this is interesting to me. As a youth I used to masturbate with my foreskin up, rubbing together with the palms of my hands. This was due to sensitivity. As I got more adventurous I began retracting more and more. Now I only masturbate glans completely exposed sometimes with no lube at all. I do think no matter what over time there will be loss of sensitivity just from use. As for me I'm looking forward to some loss of sensitivity I'm hoping to keep going here on out always pulled back.

TapedStick

I am a "recreational retractor" for this very reason. Heck, sometimes I think even just being pulled back for hours can dry and to an extent deaden sensitivity. I don't want the loss to be permanent. Pull back for fun, clean yourself up, and return your foreskin to its factory position is my motto.