News:

A forum for people interested in keeping the foreskin pulled back — be it for fun, for health reasons or anything else: Let's share experience, methods, stories and all that about our pulled back foreskins.

NB. This is not a circumcision support group. While there's no problem with cut guys, this isn't your place to live out your foreskin removal fetish — plenty of forums for that elsewhere.

Other than that: please read the Readme in the readme forum, write an intro... have fun I guess? :)

Please note that registration is manually approved due to Russian bot spam. Do not register multiple accounts, just wait till approved.

Main Menu

Botched frenulum tie?

Started by big_boss, 2024-03-15 19:37:57

Previous topic - Next topic

big_boss

Hi everyone,
New member here. I have long been wanting to get a circumcision as my frenulum, and general scrotal area, has always been very tight and sensitive. After sex and masturbation (always being done without pulling the foreskin completely back my balls have always been very sensitive and my right testicle sometimes pulling up into the socket. As you might have guessed I was pleasantly surprised to discover the problem could perhaps be fixed without a full circumcision with frenulum tying supposedly being minimally invasive.

I decided to go ahead with it last week using EMLA (lidocaine), a gauge and some 0.2mm fishing line. The procedure was quick and surprisingly easy, but I might have went too deep and not high enough. Immediately the day after I could feel a scrotal release making me realize as I wrote above that my scrotum has always been tight with the occasional sharp pain and carefulness when tugging when wearing tight briefers - masturbation felt very intense and different. But as the days passed further I noticed the area would get painful and especially with the slightest pull or adjustment of the string not corresponding to what I have been reading online with the procedure being completely pain free or only resulting in slight pain. It seem also to have cut through the amount of frenulum it was possible to with the knot becoming rotatable - I left it in, but decided to numb the area off effectively only having succeeded in a partial tie leaving some frenulum string exposed (not sure if it really is the frenulum or just an open wound).

The thing is pulling down my foreskin stings right at the spot where the partial frenulum is "exposed". Will it heal completely or did the fishing rod cut off all the meat leaving nerve exposed? I might be forced to do a complete circumcision after all if this wound doesn't heal up completely.

I would like to attach a picture of the tie and the resulting wound/partial frenulum, but I am not sure how to attach pictures to my post.

big_boss

I got the pictures uploaded on imgur - first picture is a picture of the tie. A thing to note was I didn't think about getting the fishing line off would be hard, but as it turns out single hard plastic fibers made to withstand tension of a fish pulling is quite sturdy so I cut my penis just a bit, but nothing special (can be seen on the second picture).

Second picture is basically the halfway cut frenulum with the white stringy part appearing without meat or flesh - will it "heal up" or is it supposed to be naked? Because right now it is sensitive and hurts in a not so pleasant way when pulling the foreskin back (covers whole head). Cut off the tie two days ago, soaking the little warrior in water with garlic extract (natural anti bacterial) and anti-bacterial soap once a day.

https://imgur.com/a/kp2iYjX

Benefits to note off this partial tie:
-Looser relaxed scrotum and balls
-Urine passes in a straight line rather than splitting when pissing (the end result could completely change)
-I haven't masturbated after cutting off the tie as it is too painful, but while the tie was (around a week?) in I was able to masturbate and have strong erections with no pulling up of the balls whatsoever.

Opposites:
-Pain and a feeling of "nakedness" right on the partially cutted fren and white string seen on the pictures. Pain and the sensitive feeling only happens when pulling the foreskin down, but it can also sting a bit
-Looks - how will the end result end up looking like?

The plan is to keep taking care of the little guy and give it a couple of months maybe to see how it full heals up and then perhaps go for a full circumcision if the results end up bad when properly healed - I would be very glad and appreciate if someone had a similar experience or just some general input on the tying attempt and if they have dealt with the same opposites.

Thanks!

soundsgreat87

You get the ability to see/post pictures by following the directions on doing an introduction.

Also imgur doesn't allow adult content anymore. The album is gone.

big_boss

First picture - the actual location and spot of the tie.
Second picture - the following result after cutting off the tie one or two days after.

The thing I was specifically asking about was the white stringy piece of tie string looking to be a part of the actual frenulum, which was partially cutted.

Since writing the post I have been able to masturbate once and the frenulum is definitely numbed compared to before, which is also great since the area was extremely sensitive. No sucking up of testicles, but a normal tightening feeling during the erection. Peeing stays in the same 'one stream' still compared to before. Scrotum relaxed. The main issue is the part seen on the picture generally stinging a little and hurting when pulling back my foreskin (specifically when the frenulum moves from a retracted position where its' "overlaying itself" while flaccid inside the foreskin to stretching out).

I will be posting progress here and note if the problem persists, but overall so far there is improvement in just a couple of days

Skatter1984

I wish I could say something helpful.  I hope it's better quickly. I hope you let us know.
Talk with me about health and and habits important to all men. WhatsApp Skatter1984

soundsgreat87

Ahh, I see what you're talking about now.

First off: there are no major nerves in the area you are cutting/have cut. You don't need to worry about exposed nerves. It's seriously not much worse than a bad paper cut. Yeah it's gonna sting, but it's not dangerous or indicative of anything serious. And you are definitely not going to need a circumcision because of this. :P

Second off: you said this:

QuoteIt seem also to have cut through the amount of frenulum it was possible to with the knot becoming rotatable

which is indeed what will happen, but that means you then need to untie and tighten the knot (difficult!) or re-tie it (put another string through the same hole, and tie it tighter). Without an elastic string that automatically tightens, you may have to do this once a day or even more often.

If you keep the tie tied tightly, you will feel very little. It's only when the tie loosens that it will start to hurt.

Last: never worry about how it's gonna look right after the procedure. It always looks kind of terrifying at first, but it will heal up just fine. Usually in about a month to 6 weeks it will look fully healed (though it might take a little longer for any residual soreness to dissipate).

big_boss

Just the advice I was looking for - thanks! Searching around by oneself seems to provide little to none or very limited information on the subject and everything seems to be shared in smaller forums like this one.

I believe I made the amateur mistake of going too deep (to be honest I just wanted to get it over with in one go), while also having a very short frenulum and a lot of foreskin and, like you say, not keeping tightening the knot. I even realized this myself but it became to painful to either attempting to tighten the simple knot of going for another tie (I managed to get some fish line through the hole but opted for cutting off the tie instead).

If things go accordingly like you say I will probably be very satisfied with the result, I can't even believe I just did it lol - the thing is a bit frightening with no medical knowledge or resources to cater to. The functional side effects are great, though, which were problems I weren't even aware I was having. A short frenulum really is a bigger issue than most people realize and does not only pertain to sexual health.

I also had a slight feeling of panic when realizing, never having fished in my life, how strong the line was. The key note to doing a procedure like this is planning ahead for all possible outcomes (re-tie, cut off, researching knots) and respond to the changes happening down there (pain, loose knot, etc.). Overall I am glad I did it, but perhaps I wouldn't go for more ties myself and go for a full circ if I decide I want more done as I have A LOT of foreskin and a frenulum attaching basically at the base of the urethra. I don't want to deal with another set of tight balls, though, which I read could happen if the circumcision ends up being too high and tight.

One last thing - any advice in regards to healing? My foreskin basically covers almost the entirety of my glans when flaccid. Will this have any effect on the healing?

soundsgreat87

I've healed twice with the skin over the head and twice retracted, and I didn't notice any issues with either way. Just as long as you keep the area clean, you should be fine.

big_boss

Update:
I have attempted to keep the glans exposed the last couple of days, which certainly helped in quickly formed a scab. I am soaking the glans in a cup of water with some disinfectant soap loosening up the scab just a little bit before sleep. The scab actually helps keep the glans exposed and luckily I am stationary so I can sit fully naked and do not have to worry of tight underwear or the penis repositioning with the foreskin pulling over. The scab gives some minor pain when the foreskin goes over and stings overall, but the healing is progressing well. All functional benefits have been kept so far (complete urine stream, loosened scrotum, no pulling of testicles up into the socket when masturbating or feeling like they're just about to do so).

I could imagine this process being more tedious or annoying if I walked around or worked a physical job.

big_boss

Here comes an update after almost three weeks after the partial tie. I can't specify the exact date I did the tie, but I checked the date of order for my package containing EMLA cream arriving around the 9th or 10th of April. This makes the actual tying time around a little less than a week severing perhaps, by my own judgement, half of the deep tie. The healing has definitely stung a lot and a key thing to note for others is to attempt to keep the glans exposed as much as possible helping a whole lot in my case in both healing (a clear scab forming "protecting" the wound) and lessening the amount of pain especially when the foreskin rolls and unrolls itself.

My pain is almost completely gone with nothing but a small scab left producing a minor sting. My glans can by itself stay exposed without the foreskin covering the glans if I wear something loose and don't by not moving around too much. I am even considering tying again in the future as I now have experience and will be fully prepared and know what to do - the major thing holding me back was the lack of knowledge and being afraid I would mess something up, but for now I will let it heal and fully enjoy the functional benefits of being able to pee without the stream splitting, a nice set of looser testicles, less tightness and an easier exposable glans feeling both way more comfortable and clean.

I would like to upload the pictures as they are in great details with the "half frenulum" left by the partial tie as a clear and visible cut into the otherwise tight string, but for some reason I can't find the option to add images with the new layout. The pictures greatly demonstrate how little needs to be achieved or tied off to produce good results as I was in doubt of how deep I should go when piercing. Fixing a very short, I believe the term tight might describe the condition better, can fix a lot of problems people might have been unaware they had since one has never experienced having a normal or looser frenulum.

Also the admins can freely move this thread to the 'Frenulum Fixing' subforum as the topic might perhaps belong better in there.

stephen.reilly79

I've done two ties using soundsgreat87's excellent tutorial in the frenulum fixing forum. I used Stretch Magic for my tie, which is elastic, but even then for both ties I had to do 3 ore more re-ties in order to keep the tie tight. I could tell when it was getting loose because it would hurt more. Re-tieing tends to hurt a little at first but soon settles.

I also had to abort a tie one time for reasons I can no longer remember. When I untied it the pain was pretty bad — much worse than the pain of the tie — and it took weeks to return to a normal appearance. In my opinion the best thing to do is make sure you will definitely have the time to commit to the tie (at least one week for the cut, and at least one week for the initial healing), have all the right tools to hand, and once you've put the needle through you have to be prepared to fully commit to keeping the knot tight. Aborting is so much more painful than continuing, so I'd only abort if there was a very good reason to do so. Keep applying numbing cream and disinfectant while the cut's taking place, and ensure everything's kept absolutely clean.

After the cut's happened, and the wound has healed, be sure to keep gently stretching the frenulum back as initially it won't want to do that (having always stayed forwards your entire life). I found this slightly painful, but oddly enjoyable. In time the frenulum gets used to the movement and behaves more like the rest of the foreskin.
Married, bi-curious, skinned back on and off since 2001

stephen.reilly79

I just found the post about my aborted attempt:

https://pulledback.org/index.php?topic=1139.msg10651#msg10651

I had to abort that tie as I'd tried to do it with dental floss, and it just hurt. I wouldn't recommend using a non-elastic thread.
Married, bi-curious, skinned back on and off since 2001