News:

A forum for people interested in keeping the foreskin pulled back — be it for fun, for health reasons or anything else: Let's share experience, methods, stories and all that about our pulled back foreskins.

NB. This is not a circumcision support group. While there's no problem with cut guys, this isn't your place to live out your foreskin removal fetish — plenty of forums for that elsewhere.

Other than that: please read the Readme in the readme forum, write an intro... have fun I guess? :)

Please note that registration is manually approved due to Russian bot spam. Do not register multiple accounts, just wait till approved.

Main Menu

diatomaceous earth?

Started by slicendice, 2023-04-18 04:40:04

Previous topic - Next topic

slicendice

Along the lines of keeping the glans and inner foreskin dry, there were some topics talking about using various powders, including talc, baby powder, cornstarch, etc.

Has anyone tried using diatomaceous earth? It's available as a health supplement (when purchased as Food Grade), and also sold as a pesticide which controls insects (it's non-toxic, but kills the insects by dehydrating them by absorbing the liquid in them when dusted on them). It's also sold as water-absorbing floor mats for toilets.

If we were to dust our glans and inner foreskin with diatomaceous earth, it would help keep it dry, but would it do anything more than than that?

Horatio

Sounds risky. From what I know about it, that stuff can cause scaring/permanent skin damage.
I'd probabaly avoid it, try out some of the other things people have sugested here. Better safe than sorry!

slicendice

Quote from: Horatio on 2023-04-18 05:40:19
Sounds risky. From what I know about it, that stuff can cause scaring/permanent skin damage.
I'd probabaly avoid it, try out some of the other things people have sugested here. Better safe than sorry!

interesting, where did you find out that diatomaceous earth causes skin damage? the only negative side effects I've found on it is that it causes lung problems thru inhalation. other than that, i've only seen good things about it.

it's commonly used in drinking water filters, as an anti-caking agent in F&B powdered foods, as a mild abrasive in exfoliating body scrubs or toothpaste, and even consumed dissolved in water to improve skin/nails/teeth/bone/hair, or applied as a paste to skin. it's also used in pets for skin application, or deworming/deparasiting when dissolved in water and consumed.

You can check out https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-1531/diatomaceous-earth for more details, or google it up.

hung.part.timer

Your glans will dry over time being retracted. Enjoy the process. Accelerating using a powder may have some side effect that could be avoided - not worth the risk

jdm

That's an interesting idea. I doubt that it would cause any permanent damage. Some people actually ingest it to help get rid of parasites. It's also used to kill insects. Not as a poison, but it kills them mechanically, by drying them out, and cutting up their exoskeletons. But be careful, don't buy it from a place like Home Depot. Some of their diatomacious earth products have other ingredients which can be toxic. If you want to try it, make sure you get the food grade type.

Thanks for the suggestion. I might try it myself.