News:

A forum for people interested in keeping the foreskin pulled back — be it for fun, for health reasons or anything else: Let's share experience, methods, stories and all that about our pulled back foreskins.

NB. This is not a circumcision support group. While there's no problem with cut guys, this isn't your place to live out your foreskin removal fetish — plenty of forums for that elsewhere.

Other than that: please read the Readme in the readme forum, write an intro... have fun I guess? :)

Please note that registration is manually approved due to Russian bot spam. Do not register multiple accounts, just wait till approved.

Main Menu

How does it feel to wear foreskin over glans again after 24/7 retracted?

Started by keuscher8989, 2021-11-13 16:55:15

Previous topic - Next topic

DiagonalFunctor

Let's first look at what moisture does.
Moisturizing function of the inner foreskin is absolutelly crucial towards glans sensitivity, and it's not replacable by lubricating it on the spot or whatever. If your glans is durable enough not to get damaged in a significant way by rubbing against your underwear (which it most likely isn't for frequent retractors), the loss of sensitivity you experience after a few days is actually drying out to a base level (it can't get much drier beyond that). In that state you can slightly rub or squeeze it and it will feel dull. If you moisturize it on the sport, you'll feel a little more but it will still be quite dull and not the same as before. After you cover the glans and wait for a few days, you'll feel the same as before (given that the exposure wasn't too long), but the moisture must really be almost constant so that it gets deep and in all the cracks.

Notice that the first few days you're retracted, the inner foreskin is still moist, but it eventually gets dry almost as much as the head; that's from the air exposure. So, the foreskin needs glans and glans needs foreskin to be in contact, otherwise they both get dry. If you get them together, the inner foreskin will have to build up enough liquid to even start being moist and only then it starts to gradually moisturize the glans. All should be a matter of a week at most.

There is, however, a catch - if you actually expose the inner foreskin to friction in your underwear or you cause keratinization in any way, the remoisturization process will take much longer because it physically can't moisturize through layers of keratin. You will have to wait until the keratin layers die out and that can take weeks or even months which might get you a little worried.

From what we know, dekeratinization is a natural thing and it should always happen if your body functions properly. Even men who had a high and tight cut and had their inner foreskin become very very dry and bruised throughought the decades of exposure post pictures of the dead skin peeling of when achieving coverage vis restoration. From what I've seen, they usually include information that their head is moist again after half a year or so, therefore I'd be inclined to say that the body will always return to it's natural state but I've got only a few of anecdotes (and it always happened for me).

Another thing is that we know you just can't get your head to be as sensitive as when you were a kid - the default glans you're born with. The body will always keep a few layers of skin even  if you don't touch your penis for years (although I heard from nofap that it can get pretty darn close). So it is also possible that if you keratinize the inner foreskin a lot and for a very long time until it becomes faded that you stop to see the little veins, it might be possible that your body will just decide not to dekeratinize all the way as with the head but that's just my view on that. I would say that it most likely would but the longer you irritate it, the worse the chances to get it back to normal might be. If you don't irritate it at all, I see no reason why it shoudln't moisturize again. In fact, I think that the inner foreskin produces moisture all the time even when retracted, but it just instanty dries out because of the air.

supe

After a little less than 1 year of pulling back, i tried to get my foreskin covering the glans again. Now, after 4 months, the head got moist again but i found out that my sensitivity did not really come back as it was originally, it just increased in a very tiny way but it isn't anyway near to as it was before starting to pull back.
And at this point i don't think my penis will get that sensitive again.

Also i found out that my head is faster at drying up than it was before pulling back taking only 5 minutes to get the look and touch of my 1 year of pulling back

DiagonalFunctor

Quote from: supe on 2023-07-23 18:40:20
After a little less than 1 year of pulling back, i tried to get my foreskin covering the glans again. Now, after 4 months, the head got moist again but i found out that my sensitivity did not really come back as it was originally, it just increased in a very tiny way but it isn't anyway near to as it was before starting to pull back.
And at this point i don't think my penis will get that sensitive again.
How do you judge the sensitivity? I judge it by sliding a finger across the head in flacid state. My peak sensitivity when not doing anything for a long time is that I feel that quite intensely. After 8 days of being retracted I just feel my finger, but the head is basically numb. It took like 2 months to get that sensitivity threshold back and once I got it back, it has been diminished by mere 3 days retraction and took several weeks to get it bac again. I'm not sure if you're still at the dekeratinization process or if the body had the layers for so long that it refuses to get rid of them (again, not sure if that's a thing). Some men from foreskin restoration forums report an ongoing progress for years and years of attained coverage, so it could be the former. I recommend masturbating only using foreskin (no sex seem to be preferable), not touching the head in any way as not to disturb the dekeratinization process and to uncover it really only for cleaning. Haven't found any boost to this process although I heard that there are dekeratinization creams but 'm not sure they would work on mucosa rather than regular skin. If you have any interesting observations, data or questions, feel free to PM me. I've been casually gathering info on this exact topic from time to time. It's basically an uncharted territory - there seems to be no research at all on this topic.

Argon

I've been permanently retracted since 2003.  I recently tried wearing my foreskin forward and I was very aware of it.  I could feel it over my glans, it was kind of an odd feeling, not unpleasant, just odd as if there was something wrapped around my glans.  As soon as I retracted, things felt normal again.
Permanently retracted since 1993

camchain

For me it feel's odd, like i have warped it up and put it away. It's like it doesn't exist anymore, very strange feeling..lol

ThePiemel

Quote from: PermanetlyBareKnob on 2023-07-07 22:41:24
My experience sounds pretty similar to everyone else here. I've also been a full time retractor for many years.  My glans and inner skin are now dry and silky in texture and don't produce moisture or smegma, and my foreskin tends to roll back and stay back on its own. Having my glans exposed feels normal now, and I notice if my foreskin does happen to roll forward because it feels a bit "wrong", so I tend to fix it as soon as I am able.   I think I've just grown accustomed to continuous mild sensation against my glans, and it feels weird when it's not there.

I'm a quite happy with the way my glans looks and feels permanently exposed, so I've never really thought about whether I could partially or completely go back to the way it used to be.

Same here. When covered, you sort of forget your penis. Especially when dressed. When uncovered it very gently reminds me of my relax tool. The whole day. It sort of makes me feel more at home all day. More complete. More aware that it is always there when I need it to not think about other things for a moment. It has become more a normal part of my body like any other part. It is a great gift of nature, and just pleasant to feel it is there. It is me too. And I am happy to have one.

supe

Quote from: DiagonalFunctor on 2023-07-23 23:20:42
How do you judge the sensitivity? I judge it by sliding a finger across the head in flacid state. My peak sensitivity when not doing anything for a long time is that I feel that quite intensely. After 8 days of being retracted I just feel my finger, but the head is basically numb. It took like 2 months to get that sensitivity threshold back and once I got it back, it has been diminished by mere 3 days retraction and took several weeks to get it bac again. I'm not sure if you're still at the dekeratinization process or if the body had the layers for so long that it refuses to get rid of them (again, not sure if that's a thing). Some men from foreskin restoration forums report an ongoing progress for years and years of attained coverage, so it could be the former. I recommend masturbating only using foreskin (no sex seem to be preferable), not touching the head in any way as not to disturb the dekeratinization process and to uncover it really only for cleaning. Haven't found any boost to this process although I heard that there are dekeratinization creams but 'm not sure they would work on mucosa rather than regular skin. If you have any interesting observations, data or questions, feel free to PM me. I've been casually gathering info on this exact topic from time to time. It's basically an uncharted territory - there seems to be no research at all on this topic.

Well to understand how much sensitivity I have i either use your method or i also slide a napkin on the head and see if i feel it. Before retracting i felt it, during retracting i didnt feel it, pulling forward again made me notice it again, but really really less than how it was before pulling back. Anyways this was just a test and i want to keep retracted as i obviously prefer it

Skinned

Quote from: keuscher8989 on 2021-11-13 16:55:15
Hey guys, this is my first post here, but I´m not new to keep the foreskin retracted. I´m a part timer and do this since I was 15, almost 30 now.

Are here guys who wore their foreskin back for many months (or years) 24/7 with inner foreskin exposure and stopped it and wore the foreskin again over the glans?
How does it feel? Do the inner skin get moist again?
I just achieved to wear it back for 3 weeks and then I wore it back over it, and it took a whole week to get the inner skin moist again. I´m curious about long time retractors.
Is it possible that it will never get moist again?

When I was a part time retractor, usually skinning back for several months at a time, the adjustment time to being covered and getting moist again was a week or so. Although saying that, my skinned back style is with the inner foreskin folded over, so it's only ever been my glans that have keratinised. It always felt weird for a few days then more familiar after that time but I never truly liked it covered after part time retraction, so went to being permanently skinned back.

Gn33331

Several years ago, I used to keep my foreskin retracted only for about half a year and later I stopped. My foreskin mobility is not the same, but that's because at some point, I gave up tugging forward. I still have to do that. Now, it feels weird and uncomfortable to have the head exposed. It's not sensitive though. My penis head is still quite desensitized, especially the surface of it, and it is also rougher. I think it's like this because of my foreskin coverage and also desensitization from years of dry masturbation without letting my penis heal from keeping the foreskin back for so long.

jdm

Quote from: DiagonalFunctor on 2023-07-23 23:20:42
...I recommend masturbating only using foreskin (no sex seem to be preferable), not touching the head in any way as not to disturb the dekeratinization process and to uncover it really only for cleaning. Haven't found any boost to this process although I heard that there are dekeratinization creams but 'm not sure they would work on mucosa rather than regular skin. If you have any interesting observations, data or questions, feel free to PM me. I've been casually gathering info on this exact topic from time to time. It's basically an uncharted territory - there seems to be no research at all on this topic.
You talk about dekeritinizing by simply avoiding contact with the mucosa (no direct masturbation, for example) and possibly by means of a dekeratinizing cream. I don't know anything about those creams. I'd be interested in learning more about them. But I wonder about exfoliation by a process like microdermabrasion. That would certainly fall into the category of direct stimulation and irritation. But maybe if it were done immediately before covering, and leaving it be, this might accelerate the process by mechanincally removing the bulk of the keratin layers. And if the glans were then immediately, and perpetually, moisturized by keeping the foreskin foreword, it might work like a charm.

DiagonalFunctor

Quote from: jdm on 2023-08-10 04:44:04
You talk about dekeritinizing by simply avoiding contact with the mucosa (no direct masturbation, for example) and possibly by means of a dekeratinizing cream. I don't know anything about those creams. I'd be interested in learning more about them. But I wonder about exfoliation by a process like microdermabrasion. That would certainly fall into the category of direct stimulation and irritation. But maybe if it were done immediately before covering, and leaving it be, this might accelerate the process by mechanincally removing the bulk of the keratin layers. And if the glans were then immediately, and perpetually, moisturized by keeping the foreskin foreword, it might work like a charm.
You'd need to test it out. The thing is that what works on skin might not work on the mucosa. There are widely marketed creams to dekeratinize regular skin, meaning callouses on your palms or feet, however, these things might not only not work on mucosal tissue, it might even have an opposite effect as the glans mucosa is very easily irritated, so even if there is one ingredient that irritates it, it might start to produce more keratin layers. If you look up dekeratinization creams, you'll find some marketed exclusively on the glans and there are even reviews from circumcised men using it to make them more sensitive, so you can check it out.
What you're suggesting might be possible but as I said, it might even cause the opposite effect and you'd have to become the lab rat. The only way I think it is possible to get rid off the keratin layers on the glans is to persuade the body that it no longer needs to make them. If you somehow managed to peel them off manually, it would register the damage and the body would produce even more - you really do need to wait for them to die out (the skin is always temporary, it's constantly being replaced). It usually takes 20-50 days for the body to completely renew all the skin cells in your body, so I presume that if you were to avoid any signals of abrasion for that period of time it should go back to the "default" level. After that the keratinization shouldn't be the culprit of reduced sensation.
Another dimension to glans sensitivity is the difference between covered and uncovered state. The brain registeres the differences and ignores prolonged states. What I think that also happens after a long time of keeping the head covered is that the brain learns that it's the normal state and reacts more sharply when presented with new sensations. When the glans is in constant friction with underwear, the brain logically won't respond as much when you slide your finger across it because it's a similar thing that happens 24/7 so why should it react.
The last thing I wanted to mention is that I suspect that the natural oils mixed with the mess of the microbiome and even with urine (I know it doesn't sound great) create an environment that promotes the softness of the skin.

jdm

Quote from: DiagonalFunctor on 2023-08-10 20:07:59
The last thing I wanted to mention is that I suspect that the natural oils mixed with the mess of the microbiome and even with urine (I know it doesn't sound great) create an environment that promotes the softness of the skin.
Well we see what happens to our skin when we're submerged in water for an extended duration. So I think sustained moisture alone would have a significant affect. But the microbiome is another story. And I've often wondered how we are affecting it when we keep our foreskins retracted for extended periods of time. The longest I've ever gone retracted was about six months. And for me, it all went back to normal after resuming coverage. I don't remember exactly how long it took, but not very long. So I don't really worry about it. But if you retract consistently for years, who knows how the microbiome would be affected. And some of these guys on the forum who bathe their glans in isopropyl alcohol every day; I think they are really decimating it. It's a very interesting topic to consider.