24 (16.2%)
I like to retract for sexual reasons
16 (10.8%)
No I retract for personal preference
91 (61.5%)
I like to retract for health reasons and hygiene
17 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 126

Author Topic: Do you retract to fit in, in public?  (Read 13768 times)

Offline ted danson69

Do you retract to fit in, in public?
« on: 2016-11-17 05:16:31 »
I recently found out about the various retraction methods and choose to retract for cosmetic reasons. I like to show off my glans and it makes me feel more manly.

Offline bobenc0

• NSFW Access
Re: Do you retract to fit in, in public?
« Reply #1 on: 2016-11-17 05:50:04 »
I retract only and only for personal prefrences.
 I live in a small town and I do not visit any public places where I have to take my clothes off. Even when I was living in our capital city and I was visiting gyms and saunas I was always going prepared and never had to change my underwear.
And even if I had to let others see my dick I would never care what do they think because it is my own body and I can do whatever I please :)
32 Y.O. Permanently retracted ever since May 09 2016. :)
... Self frenum pierced at Mar 19 2018 ...
I love it !

Offline camchain

• NSFW Access
« Reply #2 on: 2016-11-17 08:22:46 »
I do it for my own personal reason and not to fit in with anyone.  Way to go bobenc0 nice one, let it all hang out man.

Offline Kylar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: 2016-11-17 18:26:06 »
Also, in many countries the covered is the norm, it's not a matter of fitting in for a lot of the users here

Offline ted danson69

« Reply #4 on: 2016-11-17 19:36:16 »
Just to clarify, in my experience, I went through immense teasing growing up due to being different. That instilled in me insecurities and when I found out about autocircumcision I was elated. Instantly my insecurities left and I could finally "fit in". I've spoken to many other men on different blogs who have had this same experience.

In summary, I'm not downing anyone! Whatever floats your boat floats your boat. Hope to see more results

Offline Hazeleye

• NSFW Access
« Reply #5 on: 2016-11-18 05:33:01 »
Over the years I have been pulled back strictly for personal reasons. In the 1970s, after having been pulled back for a number of years, the wife and family attended a nudist camp. I doubt anyone even paid any attention then to the fact I was retracted.

Offline extapalataquetle

« Reply #6 on: 2016-11-22 01:28:46 »
Also, in many countries the covered is the norm, it's not a matter of fitting in for a lot of the users here
Hahah that is actually my case...nobody Ive known here in Mexico is retracted/circumcised....so I didnt have trouble "fitting in" lol

On the contrary....a retracted/circumcised guy would definitely be pointed at (never met anyone in real life tho).

Offline thesevenpointfive

• NSFW Access
« Reply #7 on: 2017-09-20 20:49:53 »
This is a good question, i do it for my own reasons, if some one makes a comment about it thats fine, most have been that i am cut, which people don't expect, and i like the feeling
Love skining back and letting my head show

Offline FormerRetractor

• NSFW Access
« Reply #8 on: 2017-10-01 18:36:33 »
I started doing it for my own reasons, and only in private.  Eventually, I did it in public, and found it quite erotic...still do find it erotic.

Offline TapedStick

• NSFW Access
« Reply #9 on: 2017-10-02 18:31:47 »
No longer do I pull back to fit in. A few times in high school, but not now.

Offline lvprcm25

• NSFW Access
« Reply #10 on: 2017-10-08 13:59:50 »
I did it for two of the reasons in the poll. Personal reasons as I found the aesthetics to my liking, I had seen foreskins kept retracted in other uncircumcised males and preferred the look and the other to fit in PE as a young teen.

Offline retractedrich

« Reply #11 on: 2017-12-13 22:53:34 »
I seem to be in the minority here but I'd say predominantly for health and hygiene reasons with a preference for the aesthetics a close second. Here in UK, circumcision is not the norm so definitely not doing it to fit in.

Offline jackn

• NSFW Access
« Reply #12 on: 2017-12-27 16:02:06 »
Being from the U.S., earlier years I used to retract to fit in. I got ridiculed in high school for having a foreskin. A lot of kids wanted to know what was wrong with my dick. I would then quickly pull the skin back right before I took my underwear off. The only problem was it was like a switch that would cause an erection right away and get teasing from that.
Even in a changing room now, if I don't pull back I get a lot of stares and younger kids whispering to their friends which cause them to instantly look at my covered penis and giggle. I have always been self conscious of it. Growing up, I thought I was the only one with a foreskin. To this day I have never seen an uncircumcised guy.

Offline _yeah_

• NSFW Access
« Reply #13 on: 2018-01-29 00:25:50 »
I'm also from the U.S. and retract to fit in. During school years and at the gym and locker rooms I would be made fun of and looked at funny because I was the only one who wasn't circumcised. I had to retract my foreskin to fit in and not be made fun of. I didn't know anyone who was uncircumcised for a long time. Uncircumcised is very much in the minority in the U.S. Also permanently retracting is clean and doesn't smell.
Permanently retracted. I love the the look and feel of my exposed glans! Foreskin was meant to be retracted