News:

A forum for people interested in keeping the foreskin pulled back — be it for fun, for health reasons or anything else: Let's share experience, methods, stories and all that about our pulled back foreskins.

NB. This is not a circumcision support group. While there's no problem with cut guys, this isn't your place to live out your foreskin removal fetish — plenty of forums for that elsewhere.

Other than that: please read the Readme in the readme forum, write an intro... have fun I guess? :)

Please note that registration is manually approved due to Russian bot spam. Do not register multiple accounts, just wait till approved.

Main Menu

Newbie - is it normal for the frenulum to feel good on touching only when lubed?

Started by bioshock0706, 2020-09-16 13:46:35

Previous topic - Next topic

bioshock0706

27 years old. I started retracting every now and then a few months ago. Before that - only when showering and having sex.

A recurring pattern I've noticed is when retracting initially, the frenulum almost "hurts" when touched with dry fingers. That feeling changes to pleasure when I lube my finger and rub it through. When fully erected, it's pleasurable even when touching dry, but when flaccid, it's quite unpleasant (as the nerve endings are condensed in a smaller area). My frenulum is also quite short, although never had problem retracting or having to use any methods to keep retracted (have a lot of foreskin which stays tucked in quite neatly).

Is this completely normal for a newbie retractor or is something wrong with my frenulum?

Thank you very much.

scotsguy27

I wouldn't say there is anything wrong with your frenulum. Maybe just try a lighter touch when dry.

bioshock0706

Thanks!

It still feels a bit unpleasant when touching it, especially the further I go to the tip of the glans (the tighter it gets towards the top).

Any suggestions on how to make it less sensitive?

Bifunguy

Hi,

In my experience, if you pull back and gently stretch and massage your frenulum regularly while erect then your sensitivity should diminish in time. Continuous exposure will also help to reduce sensitivity. Are you remaining pulled back 24/7 now or do you only do it for short periods?

bioshock0706

Quote from: Bifunguy on 2020-12-13 10:34:26
Hi,

In my experience, if you pull back and gently stretch and massage your frenulum regularly while erect then your sensitivity should diminish in time. Continuous exposure will also help to reduce sensitivity. Are you remaining pulled back 24/7 now or do you only do it for short periods?

Thanks!

I have been rubbing the frenulum with dry fingers in the last few months and it has definitely decreased sensitivity. It's just that it still gets a bit sore when doing that, causing it to go red and very sensitivite (it usually gets ok after 2 days of resting). Rubbing it with lubbed fingers on the contrary is very pleasant and there are no issues when doing that.

I only retract for very short periods nowadays (when masturbating and under the shower). I plan on taking a break from masturbating for 2-3 weeks to have the frenulum completely recover (in case there are micro tears). I masturbate almost daily for the last few months, hence the decision to take a break for a bit and leave the frenulum to rest.

My fear is: If i don't permanently retract anymore in the future, will any progress i have made on the frenulum sensitivity revert back? I really hope not. I don't want it to go extra sensitive again...

I don't think this will be the case, as there are areas on my penis that once i started massaging, my brain accepted the touch to pleasantness rather than "pain" like feel and i've been able to touch those areas without any problems for months already. I just want to do the same with the frenulum.

Bifunguy

Clearly, you have made progress in reducing sensitivity but I think your progress has been limited by the fact that you only retract for very short periods now. I think you will find that if you retract for longer periods you will make more rapid progress. Keeping your frenulum exposed and dry for longer periods will also help to aid healing and keep any infections at bay.

You may also have seen from other posts here that guys who cease to retract for extended periods tend to report a partial increase in sensitivity levels again so I would not recommend that.

bioshock0706

Quote from: Bifunguy on 2020-12-14 10:56:08
Clearly, you have made progress in reducing sensitivity but I think your progress has been limited by the fact that you only retract for very short periods now. I think you will find that if you retract for longer periods you will make more rapid progress. Keeping your frenulum exposed and dry for longer periods will also help to aid healing and keep any infections at bay.

You may also have seen from other posts here that guys who cease to retract for extended periods tend to report a partial increase in sensitivity levels again so I would not recommend that.

Thanks, but how will i help the frenulum heal and rest if it's retracted and rubbing in my boxers and against testicles all the time?

Bifunguy

Quote from: bioshock0706 on 2020-12-14 18:10:01
Thanks, but how will i help the frenulum heal and rest if it's retracted and rubbing in my boxers and against testicles all the time?

You will have to trust the process and give it a chance, it will work. If it becomes unbearable you can always cover up again for a few hours to rest and then retract again, but you will need to persist with it until your glans and frenulum become accustomed to being exposed. You could also try briefs instead of boxers in the initial stages as some find them more comfortable - less scope for movement and irritation.

Good luck with it and let us know how you get on.

bioshock0706

Quote from: Bifunguy on 2020-12-15 09:59:36
You will have to trust the process and give it a chance, it will work. If it becomes unbearable you can always cover up again for a few hours to rest and then retract again, but you will need to persist with it until your glans and frenulum become accustomed to being exposed. You could also try briefs instead of boxers in the initial stages as some find them more comfortable - less scope for movement and irritation.

Good luck with it and let us know how you get on.

Thanks.

Will hold off permanently retracting for now and the foreseeable future.

Will write again if i attempt fully retracting.