Author Topic: Is it safe or not harmful ?  (Read 3675 times)

Offline Idkdik

Is it safe or not harmful ?
« on: 2020-10-17 15:57:49 »
Hi ive been retracting for some time but only short periods of time and everytime i do i get dissy and fear that i will cut of bloodflow etc so i wanna hear your opinion on what i can do and if it is "harmful" or "safe"      i know alot of it is in the mind ive only experienced some swelling but not like need of medical attention type of swelling just minor 

Offline Uncut1998

• NSFW Access
Re: Is it safe or not harmful ?
« Reply #1 on: 2020-10-17 17:07:45 »
Hi!

Retraction is absolutely safe and not harmful, but you should never exceed what feel good. Just try not to worry about it too much, I think feeling dizzy is probably just because you're constantly thinking about the fact that you're retracted. The swelling is perfectly normal, your veins will need to get the time to adjust to your foreskin being in a different position.

If you have some swelling, just pull your foreskin forward for some time and check after some hours if it's gone. When it's gone you can just pull back again, after some time, the swelling will stop!

Just do what feels right, take small steps and accept that you won't immediately be able to retract for a very long time.

I hope this helps ease you a bit!

Offline Kylar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: 2020-10-17 17:35:41 »
The only time it'd be harmful and dangerous to do it would be if you have some degree of phimosis, so much that it does make it impossible to push the skin forward once it swells (paraphimosis), or if it disturbs blood flow (which should be visible from the glans getting discoloured as directly the result of having the tight skin behind it, in particular the lack of blood draining i. e. the head getting dark and engorged with blood without excitement).  If neither happens (and the discomfort of having the foreskin back there would probably give signals earlier than you'd get any medical problems), you'll be fine.  And these problems are really quite rare.

How tight is your foreskin, can you describe it?

Offline thesevenpointfive

• NSFW Access
« Reply #3 on: 2020-10-18 13:25:47 »
Hi ive been retracting for some time but only short periods of time and everytime i do i get dissy and fear that i will cut of bloodflow etc so i wanna hear your opinion on what i can do and if it is "harmful" or "safe"      i know alot of it is in the mind ive only experienced some swelling but not like need of medical attention type of swelling just minor

I am not sure whats causing the dizziness, but there is no harm in keeping your skin back. it is perfectly safe
Love skining back and letting my head show

Offline Stickler99

• NSFW Access
« Reply #4 on: 2020-10-19 16:00:44 »
Retracting would I think have nothing to do with dizziness. The only time you would possibly cut the blood flow is if you use something to hold the foreskin back that is to tight and cutting it off