Author Topic: keratinising vs. eczema/psoriasis  (Read 4545 times)

Offline oedojo

keratinising vs. eczema/psoriasis
« on: 2016-11-17 17:41:22 »
Some members recommend drying the glans as much as possible for it to keratinise as soon as possible, and recommend agents to accelerate the keratinisation, and some testimonials suggest that for those who suffer from balanitis, keratinising itself helps getting rid of the balanitis.

But I suffer from a touch of eczema and psoriasis, and I need to use creams to reduce the redness and inflammation.

So I have a dilemma: the creams that reduce eczema/psoriasis in the short term appears to keep the glans moisturised, which seems to retard the keratinisation, which is supposed to cure balanitis in the long term.

What should I do? Let the glans keratinise right through the eczema/psoriasis? Or treat the eczema short term, and trust that in the long term the keratisiation will occur?

It seems to me that even circumcised men, who obviously have keratinised glans, also suffer from eczema/psoriasis, so maybe I need to treat the eczema and not worry if keratisation takes place or not...

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
Re: keratinising vs. eczema/psoriasis
« Reply #1 on: 2016-11-19 11:16:14 »
Hi Oedojo, I am not too familiar with eczema or psoriasis, and I don't know what sort of creams you are applying to help with your condition. However, I will say that there is a difference between keratinizing and drying, and not all keratinizing agents are also drying agents. For instance, I favor the application of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) to the glans, which I believe accelerates the keratinization process. However, it is an oil, and it does kind of moisturize the glans when applied. So while it's a greatkeratinizing agent, it's not a great drying agent. I don't know if it's good or bad for eczema or psoriasis, but it might be worth looking into. You can read a thread I posted about this here. http://pulledback.org/index.php?topic=224.msg1786#msg1786

Offline oedojo

Re: keratinising vs. eczema/psoriasis
« Reply #2 on: 2016-11-19 21:03:26 »
thanks JDM, I'll look into it, it seems linoleic acid and gamma linoleic acid help to relieve eczema...