Author Topic: Ridged band stretching / on shaft  (Read 12856 times)

Offline strathsport101

• NSFW Access
Ridged band stretching / on shaft
« on: 2017-12-29 19:10:03 »
Hi folks

Has anyone had much success with ridge band stretching? I am fortunate in that my foreskin will usually stay behind the head either when hard or soft.  However, I would like to be able to skin back to achieve a high and tight circumcision look. I am able to achieve this just now if I pull back a lot and get very hard, but usually the band is tight around my shaft.

I have attached some images - one showing my normal erect retracted state, one when semi-erect (about 25%), another when very hard and skinned back tight (but note the dark ring where the pressure is) and another showing the indentation from the band. 

I read you can stretch it using your fingers and doing exercises, but also wonder if I may achieve the same result stretching it over the shaft and I can feel it stretching when I do that.

Has anyone else experience of this?

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
Re: Ridged band stretching / on shaft
« Reply #1 on: 2017-12-29 19:41:33 »
Hi Strathsport101. Your penis looks a lot like mine, except yours may have a somewhat looser frenulum. But the rigid band seems just about the same as mine. This is a topic of interest to me lately, because I am interested in achieving a condition whereby my foreskin will retract automatically, when I get an erection. And aside from the frenulum, I think a tight rigid band is the greatest impediment to that. Mine is not abnormally tight, but a normal one is all it takes to prevent automatic retraction. After all, that is what the rigid band and frenulum are intended to do is to keep the foreskin covering the glans.

My initial thought was that I could wear some sort of a tube over my glans, with the foreskin forward, and this would keep the rigid band very open. Unfortunately (or fortunately) when I tried this, the skin would tend to just role back behind the glans, which tends to reinforce my assertion that stretching out the rigid band would facilitate automatic retraction. But this made it impractical to use this method. For the moment, I am just keeping the foreskin retracted with a glans ring, and counting on the shaft itself to keep the rigid band open. And that will definitely expand the rigid band opening over time. Just maybe not enough for what I want. Because being in the flaccid state most of the time, the shaft's girth is just not wide enough to achieve the desired result.

I am thinking about wearing some sort of tube over the shaft, and rolling the skin back over it to keep the rigid band stretched open. Kind of like how you roll the foreskin back over the first strip of tape in the double tape method, but using some sort of rigid tube, that wouldn't compress under the pressure of the rigid band. The downside is that I would probably have to tape it in place, which does not appeal to me. But so far it seems like the most viable solution that I've come up with. I haven't tried it yet, because I haven't figured out what to use for the tube yet. If you get any bright ideas, please share. :)

Offline strathsport101

• NSFW Access
« Reply #2 on: 2017-12-29 21:08:41 »
Hi Jdm. It would be great if auto retraction on erection could be  achieved. I wonder if anyone has ever managed that. Does yours stay back when hard or soft?

I read you could just do stretching excercises if you can get two fingers in spice the band. You'd then stretch intermittently so the point of discomfort but not pain.

Do you feel it stretch against the shaft when you pull back?

I'd like my frenulum to be looser as well. Think it might stretch with excercise. Do share images. Curious to compare.

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #3 on: 2017-12-30 03:08:30 »

Hi Jdm. It would be great if auto retraction on erection could be  achieved. I wonder if anyone has ever managed that.
Soundsgreat87 as achieved it. I've seen video of him doing it. Of course, he has also eliminated his frenulum, which makes this easier. In fact, if you consider the mechanics of it, detaching the frenulum will effectively loosen the rigid band as well. Not by stretching, but simply by eliminating the way the frenulum pulls the foreskin into the forward position. It's hard to describe why, but I think you know what I mean. So that probably helped him with that.

Does yours stay back when hard or soft?
I am an intermittent retracter, so I don't always retract. When I do retract for long periods (up to several months) the skin gets better at staying back all the time. Right now I'm just starting to retract again, after not doing so for a while, and it is already staying back pretty well, even when soft. I wear a ring most of the time, just to be sure it doesn't slip forward. But when I take it off, it stays back pretty well, but sill still slips forward with certain activities. When hard, if I pull it back, it will stay there. But it can certainly be pushed forward, and will stay that way too.

I read you could just do stretching excercises if you can get two fingers in spice the band. You'd then stretch intermittently so the point of discomfort but not pain.
Yeah, I can fit 4 fingers in there (2 on each side, in a kind of square formation), with a bit of room to spare. But apparently that's not enough. :P

Do you feel it stretch against the shaft when you pull back?
When soft, I don't feel it at all. When erect, if I pull it back hard, I can feel a significant stretch in the rigid band. If it's just pulled back behind the glans, I don't really feel anything. I guess the short answer is it doesn't really seem to squeeze the shaft so much that I'd notice.

I'd like my frenulum to be looser as well. Think it might stretch with excercise. Do share images. Curious to compare.
Sorry, I do not like to post images of my junk online. I have posted tutorial diagrams of some of my favorite retraction methods, but I don't feel comfortable posting photographs of myself.

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #4 on: 2018-01-01 04:46:40 »
Oh, by the way, I just remembered a method that might help you. The T-tape method. I think that this method is exceptionally good at stretching the rigid band. Check it out here. https://pulledback.org/index.php?topic=604.msg5727#msg5727

Offline strathsport101

• NSFW Access
« Reply #5 on: 2018-01-02 13:58:04 »
Oh thanks JDM - I will have a look and check it out. 

Offline TapedStick

• NSFW Access
« Reply #6 on: 2018-02-19 01:31:42 »
Guys I've had a few thoughts on ridged band stretching:

First is that DANG, this is one MAJOR source of pleasure.  If you've never tried jerking off with the skin firmly back and just rubbing the ridged band area as it is on the shaft...  Completely avoid touching the coronal ridge and inner foreskin that first half inch behind it (yeah that will get you off too, but try what I'm recommending). Rub only the part of your shaft where the ridged band is. Totally intense orgasm, and if you are like me you'll make a mess unless you are prepared...

As I've jerked it, slowly the ridged band has loosened some compared to when I first discovered masturbation as a teenager. This means less intense orgasms. Even when just jerking it moving the foreskin (including ridged band) back and forth over the head (especially the coronal ridge), It was more intense when the ridged band was slightly tighter. The extra snap that a tighter ridged band gives as it crosses the coronal ridge is what gives the capacity for mindblowing orgasms. More intense stimulation to BOTH the coronal ridge and the ridged band! It may be undesirable to stretch the ridged band if preserving sexual sensitivity is a priority. Personally I do not retract in order to de-sensitize anything. Intermittent retractor here, kinda like jdm.

Second: A looser ridged band to a point may improve some retraction goals. Less resistance to retract... But if stretched TOO much, the ridged band might not constrict behind the coronal ridge enough to prevent the skin from just sliding forward on over the head right there in your underwear as you're walking around or picking up things. The ridged band is perhaps largely responsible for being able to "just pull back". I've recently had success with just pulling back, where a few years ago this never succeeded.

I'm not making any particular recommendation here. All I'm saying guys is think about the future of your dick. Understand the short and long-term consequences of a particular retraction method, especially if you are going for longer periods or for permanent retraction.

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #7 on: 2018-03-12 23:56:18 »
You are right about the how the rigid band interacts with the corona during masturbation, TapedStick. But personally, the rigid band has not worked well for me in retaining the foreskin behind the glans. It did in the very beginning, but it very quickly stretched enough to where it didn't work anymore. And that was just from intermittent retraction and masturbation. So I don't think it's realistic for most retracters to rely on the rigid band to keep the foreskin back. It sure didn't work for me.

Offline Aftskin

• NSFW Access
« Reply #8 on: 2018-03-14 04:53:29 »
You are right about the how the rigid band interacts with the corona during masturbation, TapedStick. But personally, the rigid band has not worked well for me in retaining the foreskin behind the glans. It did in the very beginning, but it very quickly stretched enough to where it didn't work anymore. And that was just from intermittent retraction and masturbation. So I don't think it's realistic for most retracters to rely on the rigid band to keep the foreskin back. It sure didn't work for me.

The dartos muscles in the area between the inner and outer foreskin (I never know if that part is the ridged band or not) are what keeps my foreskin behind the head.

I can stretch it and make the muscle loosen which makes the foreskin much easier to push forward for a while before the muscle contacts again, so that it wants to stay on the shaft behind the larger diameter of the head's corona. The inner foreskin is used to being folded back over the muscle area when I'm soft, so that is where it prefers to be, rather than over the corona and partially covering the head.

If my penis gets really shrived and all the dartos muscle has contracted as much as it can, then it is much more difficult to push the muscled area of foreskin forward over the head, and it goes back behind the head when I let go. It stays forward when soft once the muscle in the skin has relaxed though.

When getting erect with the skin forward it will stay forward covering maybe 3 quarters of the head. But normally the foreskin is already back before an erection and then if pushed forward, it will come straight back again, like in Soundsgreat's video.

Getting my foreskin to automatically retract easily with a erection is something I would like to achieve too. I can currently only do it if my skin is really loose and I get super erect, like how hard you get just before you cum. But I never get that hard before my foreskin has already manually been pulled back (in the rare occasion that it was forward before erection).
Permanently retracted since September of 2010.

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #9 on: 2018-03-14 21:54:17 »
The dartos muscles in the area between the inner and outer foreskin (I never know if that part is the ridged band or not) are what keeps my foreskin behind the head.
Yup, that's it.
I can stretch it and make the muscle loosen which makes the foreskin much easier to push forward for a while before the muscle contacts again, so that it wants to stay on the shaft behind the larger diameter of the head's corona. The inner foreskin is used to being folded back over the muscle area when I'm soft, so that is where it prefers to be, rather than over the corona and partially covering the head.
Very interesting. My inner foreskin won't stay folded over the muscled area like yours does. And my rigid band never contracts enough to really keep it locked in behind the corona.
If my penis gets really shrived and all the dartos muscle has contracted as much as it can, then it is much more difficult to push the muscled area of foreskin forward over the head, and it goes back behind the head when I let go. It stays forward when soft once the muscle in the skin has relaxed though.
Not my experience at all. Who knew there was that kind of variation?
When getting erect with the skin forward it will stay forward covering maybe 3 quarters of the head. But normally the foreskin is already back before an erection and then if pushed forward, it will come straight back again, like in Soundsgreat's video.
Mine will come back if I push it forward about a third of the way. If I go any more forward, it will stay forward.
Getting my foreskin to automatically retract easily with a erection is something I would like to achieve too. I can currently only do it if my skin is really loose and I get super erect, like how hard you get just before you cum. But I never get that hard before my foreskin has already manually been pulled back (in the rare occasion that it was forward before erection).
Good luck with that. That can be pretty hard to achieve.

Offline strathsport101

• NSFW Access
« Reply #10 on: 2018-04-15 13:22:49 »
That's good thinking Taped Stick. As you can see from my photos above, it skin does stay nicely behind the head. I suppose I am looking for that tight cut look, but possibly I could get rid of one problem, only to create another. 

But might try the masturbation method you suggest. See if I can working it out. From the what you say, are you just rubbing about a 1cm area of the shaft?

Offline TapedStick

• NSFW Access
« Reply #11 on: 2018-04-21 08:05:52 »
Bro, you can rub the ridged band area by itself and achieve orgasm. Or you can just play with the shaft skin all around it, creating a little slack while still holding your skin back, and moving shaft skin and dartos area toward head but not touching the corona. Just play (carefully) with the skin around the dartos area while retracted. Very fun stuff. Personally I do NOT want to lose this sensitivity, so I only intermittently retract.

Oh yeah, another way to enjoy this part of your foreskin is to basically do the spoon method or something close, then grasp the shaft maybe an inch back from the glans, and then glide the shaft skin over the tucked skin (including the dartos area) and the corona too. These nerves get stimulated this way too. Enjoy some really intense orgasms guys. Foreskin gives us so many options for pleasure.

Offline strathsport101

• NSFW Access
« Reply #12 on: 2018-04-22 19:49:22 »
It’s similar to what I do a lot of the time. Pull back and then stroke only below the head keeping the skin back. The indirect stimulation is very effective. Just found an old video of me demonstrating it too by coincidence :)

Offline thesevenpointfive

• NSFW Access
« Reply #13 on: 2018-04-22 21:21:29 »
Guys I've had a few thoughts on ridged band stretching:

First is that DANG, this is one MAJOR source of pleasure.  If you've never tried jerking off with the skin firmly back and just rubbing the ridged band area as it is on the shaft...  Completely avoid touching the coronal ridge and inner foreskin that first half inch behind it (yeah that will get you off too, but try what I'm recommending). Rub only the part of your shaft where the ridged band is. Totally intense orgasm, and if you are like me you'll make a mess unless you are prepared...

As I've jerked it, slowly the ridged band has loosened some compared to when I first discovered masturbation as a teenager. This means less intense orgasms. Even when just jerking it moving the foreskin (including ridged band) back and forth over the head (especially the coronal ridge), It was more intense when the ridged band was slightly tighter. The extra snap that a tighter ridged band gives as it crosses the coronal ridge is what gives the capacity for mindblowing orgasms. More intense stimulation to BOTH the coronal ridge and the ridged band! It may be undesirable to stretch the ridged band if preserving sexual sensitivity is a priority. Personally I do not retract in order to de-sensitize anything. Intermittent retractor here, kinda like jdm.

Second: A looser ridged band to a point may improve some retraction goals. Less resistance to retract... But if stretched TOO much, the ridged band might not constrict behind the coronal ridge enough to prevent the skin from just sliding forward on over the head right there in your underwear as you're walking around or picking up things. The ridged band is perhaps largely responsible for being able to "just pull back". I've recently had success with just pulling back, where a few years ago this never succeeded.

I'm not making any particular recommendation here. All I'm saying guys is think about the future of your dick. Understand the short and long-term consequences of a particular retraction method, especially if you are going for longer periods or for permanent retraction.

I use the above method above, with the skin full back and stroking the head only the skin etc. I am not sure what the last statement underline is supposed to mean, think about the method for long term, perhaps you could elaborate.  The reason i say that is cut guys who are high and tight do that sort of thing
Love skining back and letting my head show

Offline strathsport101

• NSFW Access
« Reply #14 on: 2018-04-22 22:07:02 »
I think it refers to the original question. I was asking about stretching the band, but as pointed out, although it may mean you can pull the skin back further, it also means it might not stay back at because the band is looser. Mine stays back for no problem now so should probably leave it at that.