Author Topic: Can anyone explain why foreskin will get loose when doing foreskin retraction?  (Read 3838 times)

Offline penismaster21

• NSFW Access
  • Here to learn about autocirc
From what I have read, it seems there is some conflicting information. I actually posted a question before, and the reply given was that foreskin will become looser if doing permanent retraction. On the other hand, I hear that there are some cases of individuals with phimosis who do retraction and end up not being able to pull the skin back over the head. This signals to me that the foreskin is becoming tighter instead after permanent retraction. So which is it? Anyone able to give me a clear answer.

For the record, I am interested in permanent retraction but not keen on having a loose foreskin. Any methods to stop the foreskin from becoming loose if that is indeed a consequence of permanent retraction? Thanks!
I'm here to learn about the practice of autocirc, and how it will help with lasting longer in bed

Offline Kylar

• Global Moderator
From what I have read, it seems there is some conflicting information. I actually posted a question before, and the reply given was that foreskin will become looser if doing permanent retraction.

Well, stretching the skin typically results in it lengthening.  So if you pull back, that's putting some stress on the tip (the ridged band) because instead if being relaxed at like 0.5 cm diameter it's now constantly opened to whatever your penis's diameter is when soft.  If you tape it back and whatnot, you're putting extra stress on the skin and widen the opening (note how pulling back pulls from the frenulum area around to the other side of the ridged band).

On the other hand, I hear that there are some cases of individuals with phimosis who do retraction and end up not being able to pull the skin back over the head. This signals to me that the foreskin is becoming tighter instead after permanent retraction. So which is it? Anyone able to give me a clear answer.

Unless they have some sort of medical problems with the foreskin (besides that it's not wide enough that is), they aren't causing it to become smaller.  Typically it's already small enough that it doesn't go easily behind the head, and there's a stage where the glans can squeeze through (hey, it's soft and you push the blood out of it and then it's smaller too) but then the skin gets caught in the rim of the head and it becomes really hard to push it forward.  There's no tightening involved until for example some swelling comes from the skin being trapped.

Offline soundsgreat87

I think some of the confusion is from people using the term "loose" for two different things.

When I say/hear "loose" I think how many fingers can you fit in your foreskin? Like, how wide it is. Pulling back will definitely loosen it that way, because the skin is now being stretched by the shaft instead of hanging freely off the end.

Some people use "loose" to mean how long the foreskin is and how much of the head it covers. I think that's confusing. It's possible to have a very tight but very long foreskin. Pulling back doesn't shorten the foreskin, but it can make the skin fold and sit differently, causing it to be less "interested" in covering the head. I've found that after a few years, if I put the skin on my head when hard, it just rolls right back again.

Offline Hazeleye

• NSFW Access
sounndsgreat87 and Kylar have both made an excellent explanation of the foreskin characteristics. From a very young age I pulled the foreskin back for regular cleaning and also for masturbation. As a result, I never did have any problems in any way with phimosis, whether I would have or not if I hadn't. I do notice the prepuce will still loosen further when permanently pulled back for a lengthy time. Also, when pulled forward for a lengthy time it will also "tighten" slightly.

Pumping of the penis will further loosen the foreskin and should be avoided if one wants the foreskin to be as tight as possible, I found.

Offline Bis

• NSFW Access
I had phimosis just a hole enough to pee. At around age 11 I started stretching and my foreskin loosened. After streching to the point where foreskin can be retracted behind glans i started keeping it permanently retracted.