News:

A forum for people interested in keeping the foreskin pulled back — be it for fun, for health reasons or anything else: Let's share experience, methods, stories and all that about our pulled back foreskins.

NB. This is not a circumcision support group. While there's no problem with cut guys, this isn't your place to live out your foreskin removal fetish — plenty of forums for that elsewhere.

Other than that: please read the Readme in the readme forum, write an intro... have fun I guess? :)

Please note that registration is manually approved due to Russian bot spam. Do not register multiple accounts, just wait till approved.

Main Menu

Long-term retractors - are we agreed that it changes the shape of your glans?

Started by HeroicGlance, 2023-08-01 03:11:42

Previous topic - Next topic

HeroicGlance

I ask, because it seems that my experience (along with a lot of others here) seems to contradict that medical science is telling me.

I've been retracting for 20 years, but I remember:

Back when I was able to keep things retracted for more than an hour, my glans looked like a gumdrop (and this was just past puberty.)  My biggest problem when I tried keeping things was that the skin kept slipping back over that shape (I had a loose foreskin back then - I could pull it a full inch past my glans, when flaccid.)

At first, I had to use rings to keep my foreskin behind the glans for an appreciable time.  At one point, I was able to go about six months retracted using this method before giving up - but I remember that it was after that "fail" that my foreskin started slipping back on its own, rather than me having to pull it back.

I believe this was my coronal ridge expanding during that time of long exposure.

Now, 15 years on - I KNOW things have changed - The "gumdrop" has turned into the "German helmet".  It seems as the glans got keratinized, the coronal ridge expanded in equal measure.  The Meatus retreated into a crease, rather than being prominent at the tip. 

When I research this phenomenon, there is absolutely zero articles covering them, outside of niche places like this - but it's stressed in any google search that (somehow) that glans remains relatively unchanged, after prolonged exposure. I can only LOL at that - outside of my own experience:

Until only recently, the Wikipedia page for the human glans penis literally had two photos- one for cut, and one for uncut - and now, it only has one, where they apparently tried to cover both bases.

I know I can't be the only one who has seen such obvious changes over time.
Retracting for 21 years. Heterosexual.

Stickler99

I would be inclined to agree.
The glands are much bigger to the point that even without using the spoon method,  the foreskin stays back.

swordfisch

I agree completely. My glans increased in size a lot over the years.
I can't remember what a gumdrop looked like!!
The more I read on here, and I'm a pretty new member, the more I am remembering from my very young days - aged 5 - 10......some of them are pretty freaky, remembered and looked-back on now!
sf

Kylar

hung.part.timer

Mine did, and I love the flare. I even think it's gotten bigger during this recent pulled back stent

soundsgreat87

Mine didn't really change shape either. To my disappointment 😭😭

burtonian

My glans corona has definitely flared.  The good thing is this does not appear to be age dependent, I did not start more or less permanent retraction until I was in my late 60s some 5 years ago.  I also believe this is due to friction rather than any release of pressure from a covering foreskin, mine had been fully mobile and retractable for as long as I can remember.

soundsgreat87

Yeah I suspect friction has a big effect on the shape of the corona. That might also tie into how a guy masturbates. The way I keep my skin back and the way I masturbate means my corona doesn't really see any friction and maybe that's why it hasn't changed shape or thickened or anything.

ThePiemel

My foreskin is rather thick. It would squeeze my glans while covered. Hard to say it actually grew with retraction, it just stays bigger.

While my foreskin became wider, it would creep over my glans more often. But then the skin sort of contracted length wise. Auto retracting more often when at times covered.

It is hard to say my glans actually grew. I think it did, but it also stays bigger.

bareuncut

Retracted for more than 25+ years. My glans inflated during retraction training.
Retracted since 1996. Straight. Married. Wife appreciate status.

Jords

I think my corona has perhaps gotten a little bigger, but the glans is still the same.

JPOldman1961

n the case of Japanese boys, the shape of the cock is like a lily bud until about the age of four. The adhesion between the foreskin and the glans is quite strong.
At the age of 5 or 6, the glans develops a little and the adhesion between the foreskin and the glans can be easily peeled off. From this age up to about 15 years old, if you try to keep the foreskin retracted and the glans completely exposed, the crown of the glans will rise a little, and the texture of the glans surface will change.
In Japan, a cock with a large crown is evaluated as an excellent cock, but for a long time it was misunderstood that it was the effect of fuck.

Handjob is the biggest cause of large development of the  crown.
However, it seems that it is not very effective unless you have the habit of retracting the foreskin and maintaining it.

lvprcm

Quote from: JPOldman1961 on 2023-08-19 11:49:56
n the case of Japanese boys, the shape of the cock is like a lily bud until about the age of four. The adhesion between the foreskin and the glans is quite strong.
At the age of 5 or 6, the glans develops a little and the adhesion between the foreskin and the glans can be easily peeled off. From this age up to about 15 years old, if you try to keep the foreskin retracted and the glans completely exposed, the crown of the glans will rise a little, and the texture of the glans surface will change.
In Japan, a cock with a large crown is evaluated as an excellent cock, but for a long time it was misunderstood that it was the effect of fuck.

However, it seems that it is not very effective unless you have the habit of retracting the foreskin and maintaining it.

I use to be on the fence for a good while about whether the shape of glans changed due to retraction or other factors were at play that affected any changes. In retrospect after reading a number of responses and recalling from best memory, I would have to say yes. The first thing I reflected on was did the color and skin texture change due to the constant attempts in early boyhood. Most stories I've read hear from the many men who have made attempts in their youth to retract for various reasons, either sensitivity, smell or smegma. I've found that I had from the early age of 6 having very mild to little hypersensitivity and can't ever recall having a smegma problem but those issues may have to do with my constant pulling back to pee on every instance and doing as my father had demonstrated, milk out any excess pee. Every night at bath or shower, I'd pull back wash in these moments I could recall mild to strong sensitivity. When rubbing the expose glans either with a wash cloth or if the shower stream directly hit the glans it felt like an electrical charge had just touched me there.

At age 9, I could the color of the glans changed somewhat from a whitish pink tone to a dull or darker pink. When I broke the adhesion I had seen the rim of the glans for the first. The glans had more of a bullet head or rocket appearance with a slightly elevated rim that appeared to slant forward like a forward slash. The forward leaning rim may have been caused by the foreskin covering it for protracted periods. The the sulcus of my glans did help in keep the foreskin back but the foreskin would still slip over it due to the sulcus not yet developed enough I surmise. By age 15, the angle of the rim no longer slanted forward but more upright and my foreskin by then stayed retracted about 80% of the time. Also a number of guys talk about their PPP's on the rim of their glans and mine were fairly noticeable ones, like dots around the rim, but by late teens the became just tiny little mark. I use to think that the PPP's was left over adhesion
material that just finally fell off after years of washing or rubbing. I see them now and they are nowhere near the appearance to the ones I had in my early teens.   

The shape of my glans I would say now looks sort of helmetish with a much more pronounced sulcus that I would have dreamed to have at 13 when I was still struggling with keeping the foreskin retracted. What I like best about the exposed glans that although the skin is dry and slightly pink-purpleish the glans feels very smooth and velvety to the touch.

So I've been won over that my glans has changed shape, color and feel.

JP, you gave a good visual on how a young uncircumcised penis looks caused me to re-call and re-think how it changed for me over the years. 

Jake18

Quote from: JPOldman1961 on 2023-08-19 11:49:56

Not sure how it can be scientifically proven but I believe the earlier a boy starts retracting and staying retracted the shorter his foreskin will as an adult and the greater chance his glans flare out.

James84

Quote from: Jake18 on 2023-08-20 22:17:31
Not sure how it can be scientifically proven but I believe the earlier a boy starts retracting and staying retracted the shorter his foreskin will as an adult and the greater chance his glans flare out.

I have the theory that the flaring out is due to the pressure of the skin bunching up behind the glans. Therefore a "grower" would have a bigger amount of skin, hence more pressure than a "shower".