Author Topic: Considering Circumcision, What Are Your Experiences?  (Read 8690 times)

Offline Dinkleberg

• NSFW Access
I've never been attached to my foreskin, but it is attached to me. I've been skinned back now for 114 days straight. I vary from cock-rings to the coin method, but it always stays off the glans. Showers being the only exception. I'm at the point where having the foreskin retracted feels more natural to me now, than having the foreskin forward.

Circumcision is something I've been considering for a while now but have only given it some serious thought in the last few weeks. I've looked into cost, methods and found a few clinics in my area. I've also read a few testimonials of guys that got cut as adults. The results are very mixed, some are very happy that they've had it done, while others hated it, there is no in-between. I prefer all my sexual activity with my foreskin retracted, however, can't really wear a cock-ring or use a coin during intercourse. I really want to get it done, but, the negative reviews are putting me off. It is possible that these guys weren't ready for the desensitisation, while I'm already fairly desensatised. It's also possible that too much of the foreskin was removed from them. There is a high, mid and low cut circumcision. I've decided on the mid because the high won't remove as much foreskin and the low will remove too much, and might make penile skin tight during erections. While the mid cut allows for some movement.

My question is. Is there anyone here that skinned back and was later circumcised? If so, what are your experiences?

Was the sensitivity the same, was it reduced? Pain or discomfort? Anything you can share will be appreciated.

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
Re: Considering Circumcision, What Are Your Experiences?
« Reply #1 on: 2016-05-25 04:34:15 »
I am uncircumcised, so I can't comment on the experience, but I want to point out that you are mistaken in your understanding or the terms "low, mid and high". These terms do not describe how tight the cut will be, or how much skin movement will remain. Rather these terms describe how much inner foreskin is retained. "High" is the option which retains the greatest amount of inner foreskin, which should allow for greatest retained sensitivity. "Low" retains the least amount of inner foreskin, allowing for the greatest desensitization. "Mid" would be somewhere in between. The terms for the a loose or tight circ would be just that, "loose" or "tight". It is possible to get various combinations, such as "high and tight", which retains the greatest amount of inner foreskin, but very little skin movement. "Low and loose" would retain the least amount of inner foreskin and the most skin movement. But you could also have a "high and loose" or a "low and tight", etc. So keep that in mind.

Offline Dinkleberg

• NSFW Access
« Reply #2 on: 2016-05-25 05:55:58 »
Thanks for pointing that out JDM.

Offline FormerRetractor

• NSFW Access
« Reply #3 on: 2016-05-26 08:57:32 »
I got circumcised 22 years ago, mostly because when I kept my foreskin retracted it would rub raw and bleed.  I also had a super tight frenulum.  The doctor was quick to recommend a circumcision.  Back then, there were no informative sites like this one.  Knowing now some of the options, I would not make the same decision today;  I would cut the frenulum, and possibly trim some of the over-hang, but not a full circ.  Both my wife and I think that retracted foreskin looks very hot and gives more options for play.  You can check the result of my circ in the gallery.

Offline lvprcm25

• NSFW Access
« Reply #4 on: 2016-05-30 04:15:02 »
Like "FormerRetractor", I grew up in a period where foreskin information was scarce if any. I made numerous attempts at keeping the foreskin retracted starting at an early age with moderate success using various methods. My foreskin would stay retracted so long as I didn't do any rigorous activity or if I didn't sit down. Public showers were no problem. Public nudity in PE showers usually would make my penis get a bit longer but not erect which further helped keep the skin back.  I enjoyed keeping my head exposed. 

I finally threw in the towel at 22. Again with little information about circumcision styles, I proceeded and the end result I have regretted since. I learned later that my circumcision was a low style where the scar was about 1/3" above the coronal groove of the glans. I lost most of my inner foreskin which to me was more sensitive the glans itself. I've taken note that most adult circumcisions are done in the low style. I can very easily spot a penis that was circumcised later in life as oppose to newborn.

I honestly can't recommend the procedure due to my results and results I've seen in other. Wished there was such a thing as a do over in life.

Offline pelagian

• NSFW Access
« Reply #5 on: 2016-05-31 11:20:09 »
I was circumcised two and a half years ago, after four years of permanent retraction and thirty-some years of doing so on and off. Part of it is psychological: if you want it done, then you will not be happy until it is. It's not so much about having the glans exposed, as not having a foreskin. That was certainly my case, and that of many other guys I have spoken to and corresponded with on the 'net. The usual regret is not having done it sooner!

Bearing in mind that this is not a circumcision discussion group, I am happy to continue the discussion by PM.
Pulled back for about 20 years, circumcised in 2013. Real men have bare helmets!!!

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #6 on: 2016-06-03 04:06:08 »
... It's not so much about having the glans exposed, as not having a foreskin. ...

That is a very astute observation, and one which I have never previously seen so well articulated.

Offline thesevenpointfive

• NSFW Access
« Reply #7 on: 2016-06-19 17:53:05 »
I was circumcised two and a half years ago, after four years of permanent retraction and thirty-some years of doing so on and off. Part of it is psychological: if you want it done, then you will not be happy until it is. It's not so much about having the glans exposed, as not having a foreskin. That was certainly my case, and that of many other guys I have spoken to and corresponded with on the 'net. The usual regret is not having done it sooner!

Bearing in mind that this is not a circumcision discussion group, I am happy to continue the discussion by PM.

Like the guy who started the thread, i to think, that after years of having my head exposed, would i really miss the foreskin if it was cut off, i think for me the answer is no, why, because i have spent so much time with the foreskin back and even masturbate with it full back. That in the end i think it would be time have it back without having to use spoon or other methods.  Then i looked around am am trying to get the best price, and will soon get cut. As the quote says

.. It's not so much about having the glans exposed, as not having a foreskin. ...

That is a very astute observation, and one which I have never previously seen so well articulated.

and also as i now have trouble masturbating with my foreskin as the skin is so dry which causes issues, that is what is in my thoughts
Love skining back and letting my head show

Offline electricalbanana2

• NSFW Access
« Reply #8 on: 2016-06-22 14:42:10 »

No, it is not, but I think some tangential reference and discussion to it is appropriate in some cases.  Here's why.  I practice autocirc, at least partially, as a way to simulate what it might be like to be circ'd some day, or as a way to understand what circ'd guys feel and experience.  Not everyone pulls back for that reason but I do.  So for me to get the best autocirc experience, it is helpful for me to know how the looks/feelings/experiences I have while pulling back compare to someone who was circ'd.  Ideally, it would be helpful to me to hear from someone who has experienced all three states in their life; covered, pulled back, and cut.

Specifically, I love the feeling of my head rubbing more than anything else - that is a feeling of constant excitement for me throughout the day.  I want to know if what I am feeling is similar to what a circ'd guy feels, or if it is artificial because I end up covered nightly when I sleep.  Knowing this might help me make new or different decisions about my autocirc technique depending on the information received.

Offline thesevenpointfive

• NSFW Access
« Reply #9 on: 2016-06-26 20:50:45 »

Specifically, I love the feeling of my head rubbing more than anything else - that is a feeling of constant excitement for me throughout the day.  I want to know if what I am feeling is similar to what a circ'd guy feels, or if it is artificial because I end up covered nightly when I sleep.  Knowing this might help me make new or different decisions about my autocirc technique depending on the information received.

All good points i think if you have it back for longer you will lose that feeling of rubbing, like some of us
Love skining back and letting my head show