News:

A forum for people interested in keeping the foreskin pulled back — be it for fun, for health reasons or anything else: Let's share experience, methods, stories and all that about our pulled back foreskins.

NB. This is not a circumcision support group. While there's no problem with cut guys, this isn't your place to live out your foreskin removal fetish — plenty of forums for that elsewhere.

Other than that: please read the Readme in the readme forum, write an intro... have fun I guess? :)

Please note that registration is manually approved due to Russian bot spam. Do not register multiple accounts, just wait till approved.

Main Menu

Having to say goodbye.

Started by HeroicGlance, 2024-02-20 00:22:38

Previous topic - Next topic

HeroicGlance

Quote from: Kylar on 2024-02-22 22:53:50
Can't remember who is a long time member who arrived here though circumcised long ago, he's mentioned it a few times, and that he wished he would have kept it pulled back instead or something but he hadn't known

Strangely enough, during the short time I have been on the r/circumcision sub, I have gotten into a number of conversations with guys who went under the knife - before and after.

EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM REGRETTED IT.
Retracting for 21 years. Heterosexual.

HeroicGlance

Quote from: GarethUK on 2024-02-22 21:54:35
In any case, I doubt very much that HG will become the sort of rabid pro-circumciser.

NEVER WILL HAPPEN, MY FRIEND.

I am not gonna go into details, but even my modest "trim" was every bit as painful and bothersome as you would imagine - and more.
For WEEKS, My penis hurt in parts I didn't even know it had - and for about three weeks, I had to sit down like someone thirty years older than I actually am.

Don't even get me STARTED about not being able to have a wank for SIX DAMNED WEEKS.

I would NOT recommend anyone go through this. If anything, the experience made me MORE actively anti-circ- especially neonatal circumcision.  I mean- I cleaned the area hourly, and every time I went to the toilet, and still had to deal with minor swelling & actively protect against infection.  Imagine a baby having to deal with such a wound inside of a dirty diaper!!!  That should be a crime.

Kylar

Quote from: HeroicGlance on 2024-02-23 00:02:45
Well, yeah - I forget exactly when, but after keeping things retracted 24/7 for about a half-year, I felt pretty much the same as I did before pulling things back.

And that's something that some folks who "enjoy the feeling of having their head exposed" occasionally need to understand:

If you are trying for full-time retraction, that intense feeling fades to nothing, after a while.  The best analogy I can come up with:

Your glans becomes like the underside of your foot - you walk around all day, but barely feel it.  But if you touch the bottom of your foot with a feather, a pin, or your finger, you still feel it intensely.

That's really an excellent analogy!

Kylar

Quote from: HeroicGlance on 2024-02-23 00:04:57
Cool- I hope that will happen, rather than me getting banned immediately.  I actually never wanted this to happen.

Oh, we've never banned anyone but spambots immediately.  Certainly wouldn't do that to an established member unless he like really wants to be clubbed down :D

CuriousSkinner

Quote from: HeroicGlance on 2024-02-23 00:08:10
Strangely enough, during the short time I have been on the r/circumcision sub, I have gotten into a number of conversations with guys who went under the knife - before and after.

This whole thread has been a really interesting read. Its really fascinating to me how things work out for different people and what people think afterwards. it is sad that it sounds like a number of people that you have spoken to have regretted going under the knife, for whatever reason! Sadly there is not really any going back either.

I hope things improve for you, it sounds like overall they have, despite this not being the original plan?

HeroicGlance

Quote from: CuriousSkinner on 2024-02-24 14:38:52
it is sad that it sounds like a number of people that you have spoken to have regretted going under the knife, for whatever reason! Sadly there is not really any going back either.

Yeah - after talking with a few of those guys, I made a post about how absolutely essential it is for the person to discuss every last detail of the operation with a doctor.  I guess a lot of guys just assume the doc knows what they are doing, and hand their penis over to them with no questions asked - it's sad.

Quote from: CuriousSkinner on 2024-02-24 14:38:52
I hope things improve for you, it sounds like overall they have, despite this not being the original plan?

Well - as I said: my goal in getting this done was returning to the state I was at before I cut my frenulum - and in that, it was 100% successful. 

Understand that before I did that, I was extremely fortunate in that my foreskin retracted on its own for over two years.  I COULD push my foreskin down over the glans, but it felt sorta odd and unless I wore tight underwear, it would just slide back in less than a couple of seconds.

After I cut the frenulum - again, after years of keeping things in my preferred state - it suddenly felt like I had about a quarter-inch too much skin down there, and I REALLY didn't like the loose feel, when I was erect.

I am now back to the point that a can walk, run, or relax, and things stay where they should be - and yeah - I did experiment:

I CAN shove my glans back into my foreskin, but as before, it's not gonna stay there for long.

jafar_t

Not me, nor for most of the people I know. Being circumcised is much better in every single aspect.

keratinise

TBH I find it most interesting that frenulum tying actually didn't help you with retraction and in fact did the exact opposite. I feel like whenever I see it brought up it's usually helped people retract further/easier.

HeroicGlance

Quote from: keratinise on 2024-02-29 03:36:39
TBH I find it most interesting that frenulum tying actually didn't help you with retraction and in fact did the exact opposite. I feel like whenever I see it brought up it's usually helped people retract further/easier.

Everyone's body is built different.

Kylar

Quote from: keratinise on 2024-02-29 03:36:39

It likely helps with being able to retract further (without it pulling the head down anymore), but it's well possible that it doesn't help with staying retracted due to for example the skin becoming too loose (and so easier for it to roll forward)

paul214

Perhaps that subreddit attracts a certian crowd which could create a selection bias?

Anyway, I don't want to drag this off topic, I'll admit to being a former retractor who got circumcised, personally I am very happy with it. I don't come here much anymore but do come back here every now and then to see how things are going for people.

HeroicGlance

Quote from: paul214 on 2024-03-09 10:54:33
Perhaps that subreddit attracts a certian crowd which could create a selection bias?

LOL, dude.  Reddit reminds me sometimes of a bizarre "backrooms" version of  Wal-Mart, where you never know what kind of freak you're gonna run into at the end of the healthcare aisle.

Argon

Quote from: paul214 on 2024-03-09 10:54:33I'll admit to being a former retractor who got circumcised, personally I am very happy with it.
How did you find a circumciser you were comfortable with? It's something I've occasionally considered but always worry I'd get a botched job.
Permanently retracted since 1993

PossibleMagician130

Experiences like these are often what the circumcision-fetish advocates try to bury or deny

Listening to their bullshit, naked propaganda and brainwashing and gaslighting for years and years has left me quite sick of them as people

Quote from: HeroicGlance on 2024-02-23 00:21:41NEVER WILL HAPPEN, MY FRIEND.

I am not gonna go into details, but even my modest "trim" was every bit as painful and bothersome as you would imagine - and more.
For WEEKS, My penis hurt in parts I didn't even know it had - and for about three weeks, I had to sit down like someone thirty years older than I actually am.

Don't even get me STARTED about not being able to have a wank for SIX DAMNED WEEKS.

I would NOT recommend anyone go through this. If anything, the experience made me MORE actively anti-circ- especially neonatal circumcision.  I mean- I cleaned the area hourly, and every time I went to the toilet, and still had to deal with minor swelling & actively protect against infection.  Imagine a baby having to deal with such a wound inside of a dirty diaper!!!  That should be a crime.

stephen.reilly79

Quote from: HeroicGlance on 2024-02-23 00:21:41Don't even get me STARTED about not being able to have a wank for SIX DAMNED WEEKS.

Ho-ly hell.

4 days without and I start going insane. Most I've ever managed was 2 weeks and then I just HAD to, I really just couldn't go on any longer. My entire life was dominated by a constant desperation for a release.

I've seen information on those cosmetic circs in the past and thought about it for much the same reason as you, but nah ... even just 3 weeks without a wank and I'd die, never mind 6.

Quote from: Kylar on 2024-03-02 19:48:31It likely helps with being able to retract further (without it pulling the head down anymore), but it's well possible that it doesn't help with staying retracted due to for example the skin becoming too loose (and so easier for it to roll forward)

I tied because my fren was a little tighter than I liked, and I (thankfully) found it helped me to stay retracted. But only a little. What I've found though is that the extra bunched skin tends to be more susceptible to swelling and pain while retracted and I have to skin forward on a semi-regular basis to give it time to recover. I'm hoping that it'll settle after a week or two. My glans always adapts quickly but the foreskin doesn't and is always the cause of me stopping retraction, which is what has led me to look into cosmetic circ in the past. But I don't see me ever going through with something that drastic because honestly I don't want to go through that hell for something that is, ultimately, just an aesthetic choice.
Married, bi-curious, skinned back on and off since 2001