Author Topic: Ridged Band  (Read 4193 times)

Offline Foreback123

• NSFW Access
Ridged Band
« on: 2019-09-15 00:03:55 »
Hi, reading in the forum I realized that when retracted, the ridged band stretches and it stays like that for days, weeks, months... I was wondering if at some point the ridged band stays like that (stretched) and when you try to cover again it doesn’t “close” anymore.
If it has happened to you I’d appreciate if you tell me how much time took until that happened.
Thanks!!

Offline _yeah_

• NSFW Access
Re: Ridged Band
« Reply #1 on: 2019-09-15 00:30:56 »
In my experience, when you first start pulling back, the ridged band is used to being over your head, so it feels pretty snug. As you leave the foreskin back long term, the ridged band adapts to its new location on the penis and stretches to the diameter of the shaft of your penis. Since I am going for permanent retraction, I almost never roll the foreskin forward intentionally, but I was curious, so I rolled it forward today, and to ridged band did stay stretched /open. In comparison to before I started retracting, it is way more open and stretched now. Since I try to leave the foreskin back as much of the time as possible, I don't really know how long it took for the ridged band to stretch, but I'd guess anywhere from a few weeks up to a couple months maybe.

Also side note: to test this out, I had to roll forward. It feels really strange to roll your dry foreskin over a dry head that's used to being exposed. It's a strange, but fun sensation  ;D
Permanently retracted. I love the the look and feel of my exposed glans! Foreskin was meant to be retracted

Offline bobenc0

• NSFW Access
« Reply #2 on: 2019-09-15 07:56:17 »
When I roll it over the glans the ridged band stays wider for the first let's say hour, then it slowly starts to close a little so it matches the glans size.. if I fully stretch it forward so it got overhang over the glans shortly after it closes and looks as it used to look before I start retraction... Feels weird but I do it from time to time so I can get the fresh retracted feeling after :)
32 Y.O. Permanently retracted ever since May 09 2016. :)
... Self frenum pierced at Mar 19 2018 ...
I love it !

Offline __

• NSFW Access
« Reply #3 on: 2019-09-15 11:55:26 »
Hi, reading in the forum I realized that when retracted, the ridged band stretches and it stays like that for days, weeks, months... I was wondering if at some point the ridged band stays like that (stretched) and when you try to cover again it doesn’t “close” anymore.
If it has happened to you I’d appreciate if you tell me how much time took until that happened.
Thanks!!

Good point, in my case I noticed that the tip had expanded after 8 months of taping. In fact I had almost given up at that point,  but I found out that I could stay permanently pulled back due to this. My foreskin was bunched behind the glans,  not flat like when the spoon method is used. For what it's worth I could not use the spoon method after that point even if I'd wanted to, as the tip was by then too lax to capture the skin.

Offline thesevenpointfive

• NSFW Access
« Reply #4 on: 2019-09-16 12:39:20 »
Thanks!!

After a while, the ridged band does stay there which means that you don't need to use any methods, it strange as even with a light press forward the skin seems stuck behind the head, i have to give a good pull before it moves over, The rings are quite tight though.
Love skining back and letting my head show

Offline TapedStick

• NSFW Access
« Reply #5 on: 2019-11-06 07:20:29 »
Bro, this is why I'm an intermittent retractor. I think a healthy amount of tension in the ridged band adds a bit of a "snap" when you roll the ridged band over the glans/corona and back. It's a source of erotic pleasure for me. Some guys choose to risk a permanent loss of this tension by 24/7 pullback. I choose to avoid this by just being a recreational retractor.

Offline __

• NSFW Access
« Reply #6 on: 2019-11-06 23:35:37 »
In my initial permanent retraction years, there was still a small amount of tension, so the ridged band stayed on the shaft behind the bunch of inner foreskin. Much later, there was even less tension, and had to use a ring to maintain permanent retraction. The ridged band was never very erotically sensitive in my case.