Author Topic: New here - few questions came up  (Read 17112 times)

Offline Stoned

New here - few questions came up
« on: 2016-10-14 15:58:56 »
First of all hello everyone! I found this forum in google and Im excited to see something like that going on. I browse through the forum for couple of hours now but all I see is people showing off what they did with their penises. Its good. Its ok. But Im looking for general information and surprisingly - I can not find it here.

What are the advantages and disavantages of having the foreskin pulled all the time? I suffer from premature ejaculation most of the time and tought about pulling it back permanently to try make my head less sensitive. Will I reach that effect by doing so? I have no problem pulling my skin all the way to the back so thinking about buying a ring to prevent it from going back on. Also - in few threads I noticed people saying something that with the matter of time the skin on your penis will get use to being pulled off and will stay like that. In other threads some people were saying the opposite. So how it is? Thanks!

Offline bobenc0

• NSFW Access
Re: New here - few questions came up
« Reply #1 on: 2016-10-15 05:09:05 »
Hi there. And welcome.
If you keep the foreskin back it will surely dry out your head and make it less sensitive but will this help you with the premature ejaculation, I think it really depends on yourself. Sometimes it takes me twice as longer as before..sometimes it even makes me cum faster. Also as my head dried out I feel most of the pleasure comming from my inner foreskin which gives nons of new feelings :)
Advantages... It will reduce smegma production to minimum, no bad smell anymore. It may help you last longer, it can make your glans a bit bigger. It looks and feels super nice after you get used to it...
Disadvantages.. Hmm may beee only the fact you will loose that super mega high sensitivity on your glans so you can't even touch it... But for me that used to be nice sometimes :)
32 Y.O. Permanently retracted ever since May 09 2016. :)
... Self frenum pierced at Mar 19 2018 ...
I love it !

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #2 on: 2016-10-15 08:54:14 »
Hi Stoned, if you are researching the pros and cons of foreskin retraction, you no doubt have your own ideas about this already.  :)  But I will try to answer your specific questions directly.

Q: What are some of the pros and cons of long term foreskin retraction?
A: It's a personal preference issue, but many who retract prefer the appearance and/or sensation associate with a retracted foreskin. Some guys find the retracted position more comfortable or pleasant than the alternative. Enhanced hygiene is another reason for some. Desensitization to last longer during sex is another reason for many. Some uncut guys are curious about how it feels to have a circumcised penis, and this allows them a free, reversible means to simulate the experience without going under the knife. "Try before you buy" if you like. It also allows men who want to be circumcised to more easily and comfortably transition to that condition. As I say, it's a personal preference issue. One man's pro is another man's con.

Q: Can I reduce my sensitivity and alleviate premature ejaculation through long term foreskin retraction?
A: You can definitely reduce sensitivity, and it will probably help you last longer. But it's not a cure all, and your mileage may vary.

Q: Will my foreskin acclimate to the retracted position, and learn to stay that way after a period of long term retraction?
A: It might, or it might not. Every man is unique. Some achieve an adaptation of permanent retraction relatively easily, others may never achieve it, and have to use some sort of retraction aids indefinitely if they want to keep their foreskin always retracted. This site offers loads of practical advice to help you achieve a permanent foreskin retraction, if that's what you want. But there is no way to guarantee that you will achieve your goals.
Really, all you can do is try. But be you have to be patient and persistent, and may need to try out several methods. No matter what you do, in most cases, it will take months to years of "training" before you achieve a truly automatic perpetual retraction.
[/size]
[/size]I hope that helps. If you have any other questions, I and other members here will do our best to inform you. :D

Offline Stoned

« Reply #3 on: 2016-10-16 16:53:20 »
Thanks for your help guys. That is the information I was looking for. Today is my 4th day of pulledback. Small ring I've made from some plastic tape does the job for now. I've ordered a silicone ones (link) as well as 3-pack from china (link).

Im surprised by the fact I can not tell Im wearing some kind of "device" on my penis. I have it just behind the head and Im shocked by how comfortable it is. Im pretty sure the silicone ones I ordered will be even more comfortable which means I can use them with no comfort disturbance. So far the only discomfort I feel is sometimes when my head gets into friction with my underwear in some weird way.

The biggest deal is the night time. I sleep naked since a year or so and Im used to it. But what Im not used to is the feeling of sheets on top of my head. I remember when I started sleeping naked I had some trouble falling asleep because I would feel the friction on my dick all the time and get excited. It took some time before my brain stopped reacting to it. It's kind of annoying when all you want to do is get some rest :D Hope it is just a temporary state. How was it in your case?

Also - did you guys do some research regarding possible health issues when using some sort of silicone ring for a long period of time? Do you know were there some tests regarding that?

Offline cavalier

• NSFW Access
« Reply #4 on: 2016-10-16 20:18:41 »
You should only buy silicone rings that are phthalates free as this chemical is known to be toxic. All the ones I have seen say phthalates free on the packet. The only other health concern i would have is making sure it is not too tight as this can restrict blood flow. Also, best clean it often!

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #5 on: 2016-10-16 23:06:52 »

The biggest deal is the night time. I sleep naked since a year or so and Im used to it. But what Im not used to is the feeling of sheets on top of my head. I remember when I started sleeping naked I had some trouble falling asleep because I would feel the friction on my dick all the time and get excited. It took some time before my brain stopped reacting to it. It's kind of annoying when all you want to do is get some rest :D Hope it is just a temporary state. How was it in your case?

This is a problem I'm certainly familiar with. As an intermittent retracter, I have experienced this repeatedly, because once I stop retracting for  awhile, the problem returns. First of all, it will get better eventually, but it can be quite disruptive to sleep util it does, and that is not very healthy. I can offer only two suggestions, other than just toughing it out, until you adapt.
  • Wear the foreskin in the covering position during sleep. It will slow down your transition to permanent retraction, but it will not prevent it. Your glans and inner foreskin will still be toughening up if you keep it retracted during the waking hours. And eventually, they will toughen up to where it doesn't really bother you to sleep with the foreskin retracted. Then you can just start keeping it back 24/7.

• You can wear a sort of sleeve over your glans to substitute for your foreskin while you keep the foreskin retracted during sleep. The sleeve should be breathable, to allow your penis continual exposure to air, but protect it from the excess friction that disrupts your sleep. The best option I know for this is something like Surgilast or MT Spandage. These are very soft, stretchable, and breathable mesh fabric tubing intended to cover wound dressings. They some on a roll you can cut to length, but come in various diameters, so you'll have to find the right size for your penis.
The mesh has worked remarkably well for me in the past, and I highly recommend it to anyone who is having trouble with excessive glans sensitivity while adapting to perpetual foreskin retraction. Be it during sleep, or even during waking hours.

Offline thesevenpointfive

• NSFW Access
« Reply #6 on: 2016-10-17 12:37:08 »
Hi Stoned, if you are researching the pros and cons of foreskin retraction, you no doubt have your own ideas about this already.  :)  But I will try to answer your specific questions directly.

Q: What are some of the pros and cons of long term foreskin retraction?
A: It's a personal preference issue, but many who retract prefer the appearance and/or sensation associate with a retracted foreskin. Some guys find the retracted position more comfortable or pleasant than the alternative. Enhanced hygiene is another reason for some. Desensitization to last longer during sex is another reason for many. Some uncut guys are curious about how it feels to have a circumcised penis, and this allows them a free, reversible means to simulate the experience without going under the knife. "Try before you buy" if you like. It also allows men who want to be circumcised to more easily and comfortably transition to that condition. As I say, it's a personal preference issue. One man's pro is another man's con.

Q: Can I reduce my sensitivity and alleviate premature ejaculation through long term foreskin retraction?
A: You can definitely reduce sensitivity, and it will probably help you last longer. But it's not a cure all, and your mileage may vary.

Q: Will my foreskin acclimate to the retracted position, and learn to stay that way after a period of long term retraction?
A: It might, or it might not. Every man is unique. Some achieve an adaptation of permanent retraction relatively easily, others may never achieve it, and have to use some sort of retraction aids indefinitely if they want to keep their foreskin always retracted. This site offers loads of practical advice to help you achieve a permanent foreskin retraction, if that's what you want. But there is no way to guarantee that you will achieve your goals.
Really, all you can do is try. But be you have to be patient and persistent, and may need to try out several methods. No matter what you do, in most cases, it will take months to years of "training" before you achieve a truly automatic perpetual retraction.
[/size]
[/size]I hope that helps. If you have any other questions, I and other members here will do our best to inform you. :D

Good reply JDM
Love skining back and letting my head show

Offline Stoned

« Reply #7 on: 2016-10-21 05:07:56 »
So I just got my silicone rings. On the package first thing I was looking for "phthalates free" appeared in the front. They're very good. Another question came up ;-) Silicone as we know seems like a rubber. Is it a good or a bad idea to put just a little bit of vaselin on the ring when putting it on? It helps to reduce unpleasent friction when you equip the ring but not sure how will my foreskin react to vaseline - it will probably make it softer, is that what we are looking for when trying to reach permanent retraction?

Offline cavalier

• NSFW Access
« Reply #8 on: 2016-10-21 11:42:40 »
As an engineer I would say that you shouldn't generally use vaseline (petroleum jelly) on silicone or rubber o-rings as it slowly eats away and degrades the o-ring but as you are not using them for high-pressure I would think a small amount of vaseline would be fine.

Offline cavalier

• NSFW Access
« Reply #9 on: 2016-10-21 20:11:56 »
My ring fits snugly behind the head. I am hoping I will get a bit more flare due to the pressure of the ring on the corona.

Offline soundsgreat87

« Reply #10 on: 2016-10-21 21:25:10 »
I've heard conflicting reports on vaseline with silicone. But if it's a cheap ring, might be worth taking a shot just to see!

And cavalier, is that the first pic you've posted...? :D

Offline cavalier

• NSFW Access
« Reply #11 on: 2016-10-21 22:19:45 »
Hi soundsgreat, I have posted a few in the past. I take some decent shots and load them to the gallery.

Offline Stoned

« Reply #12 on: 2016-10-22 11:14:15 »
My ring fits snugly behind the head. I am hoping I will get a bit more flare due to the pressure of the ring on the corona.

That is exactly the way how mine fits too. I made sure that retracted skin stays behind the ring and there is no skin in between the ring and the head. It's over a week for me, sometimes I wake up at night with a boner that can't go away but I don't think it's because of the ring itself. During the day if I get erected there is no problem with my dick getting flacid back again so I guess it's just the consequence of wearing something on your penis. I mean... I can't believe how horny I am for the past few days haha. I think it will go away with the matter of time.

Also - since I've got 3 rings in the box, my plan is that after a first or second week to put a second ring behind the first one. Also making sure that entire skin stays behind the rings. Ill add a third one in the future as well and keep them there for a while. The idea is to make a bigger "gap" between the head and the skin that is retracted. With the matter of time my body should "absorb" additional skin as it will seem like unnecessary one. It is just my theory about that but will see with the matter of time what happens :) After all - if a person loses a lot of weight he will have a lot of additional skin that with the matter of time is being absorbed by the body. What are your thoughts about that idea guys?

Offline Aftskin

• NSFW Access
« Reply #13 on: 2016-10-23 02:40:14 »
The idea is to make a bigger "gap" between the head and the skin that is retracted. With the matter of time my body should "absorb" additional skin as it will seem like unnecessary one. It is just my theory about that but will see with the matter of time what happens :) After all - if a person loses a lot of weight he will have a lot of additional skin that with the matter of time is being absorbed by the body. What are your thoughts about that idea guys?

Yeah, That won't happen because the shaft skin and foreskin aren't connected to anything underneath, unlike skin on your body which is connected to fat and muscles. The skin can get used to being wrinkled but it probably won't get shorter.
Permanently retracted since September of 2010.

Offline Hazeleye

• NSFW Access
« Reply #14 on: 2016-10-23 04:04:27 »
After all - if a person loses a lot of weight he will have a lot of additional skin that with the matter of time is being absorbed by the body.

I am not sure, Stoned, that your line of thinking about the body absorbing surplus tissue takes place. Have you not seen pictures of people that have lost a large amount of weight and then required surgery to remove the surplus tissue to look normal?