News:

A forum for people interested in keeping the foreskin pulled back — be it for fun, for health reasons or anything else: Let's share experience, methods, stories and all that about our pulled back foreskins.

NB. This is not a circumcision support group. While there's no problem with cut guys, this isn't your place to live out your foreskin removal fetish — plenty of forums for that elsewhere.

Other than that: please read the Readme in the readme forum, write an intro... have fun I guess? :)

Please note that registration is manually approved due to Russian bot spam. Do not register multiple accounts, just wait till approved.

Main Menu

Glans peeling off.

Started by bioshock0706, 2021-02-15 09:53:08

Previous topic - Next topic

bioshock0706

I went to retracting a few months ago - it was only for a few weeks.

However, I noticed a specific part of my glans had a bit of skin peeling off after being exposed for a few days.

I've gone back to fully covered since then, but was just wondering what are the implications of having only that part of the glans peeled off and not the rest, if I am not planning to retract again in the foreseeable future?

Is that part going to remain less sensitive than the rest, due to the keratinization process taking place?

PermanetlyBareKnob

Peeling is a completely normal process if you remain retracted for long enough.  I think it's not directly related to keratinization and desensitization, as for me, the peeling was one of the very first things that happened, and it took much longer for my foreskin to take on the dry/silky texture, and the sensation changes were gradual too.

Before I became a full time retractor, my foreskin would rest with about 1/2 my glans exposed, and the tip which was more or less always exposed had a slightly different color and texture from part further back that was mostly covered.

When I went back to being mostly covered, the glans returned at least partly to the way it had been before, and when I started retracting again more frequently and for longer times, I went through another round of peeling.

So at least from my own personal experience, it seems like at least some of the changes are reversible if you decide to switch back, but it may take many weeks or months (in other direction) to reach something like a steady state.

Daffyskin

I don't believe that peeling is directly linked to, or a direct indicator of, loss of sensitivity. So I wouldn't worry about only part of it peeling and leaving a patch that remains noticeably less sensitive than the rest - I don't believe that it will make any difference overall.

So why have have you decided to revert to covering up then?
Full-time retractor.
I just love tucking back and free-balling.

bioshock0706

Quote from: Daffyskin on 2021-02-16 08:41:55
I don't believe that peeling is directly linked to, or a direct indicator of, loss of sensitivity. So I wouldn't worry about only part of it peeling and leaving a patch that remains noticeably less sensitive than the rest - I don't believe that it will make any difference overall.

So why have have you decided to revert to covering up then?

Thanks for the reply!

I've decided to keep retracted, first because it was incredibly uncomfortable when sleeping at night (my frenulum would become a bit sore by the morning) and second, because my goal was to make the glans bearable to touch and stimulate with dry hand - which I have achieved.

My plan now is to continue exposing the glans when masturbating and stimulating with wet/dry hands (to keep the current sensitivity at check), but for now i will keep it covered for 99% of the rest of the time.

bobenc0

Glans peeling is totally normal when you start keeping it retracted.
The glans ..."meat" and surface becomes rough, dry and used to be in touch of everything which leads to falling off of the outer layer of the skin.
32 Y.O. Permanently retracted ever since May 09 2016. :)
... Self frenum pierced at Mar 19 2018 ...
I love it !

Daffyskin

@bioshock So you have achieved your goal - well done! You can dip in and out of retracting on a part time time basis whenever you want.
Full-time retractor.

bioshock0706

Quote from: Daffyskin on 2021-02-17 08:28:57
@bioshock So you have achieved your goal - well done! You can dip in and out of retracting on a part time time basis whenever you want.

Thanks!

Any tips on how to desensitize the banjo string/frenulum?

When rubbing my finger on it dry, it almost "hurts" and gets sore. The only way to stimulate is with lots of lube/moisture (the only way it feels pleasurable when rubbing).

That's pretty much the only part of my penis that remains overly sensitive no matter what I do and doesn't seem to get used to being touched dry.

Is that normal?

Daffyskin

It's not really a case of it being normal or not - it's just how you are. I don't have any special advice, but all I can suggest is that it will gradually lose sensitivity with enough persistent exposure. Even regular part-time retraction should help eventually.
Good luck with it.
Full-time retractor.