Author Topic: Spoon method: Lubricants and cleaning  (Read 7558 times)

Offline Farhan8831

Spoon method: Lubricants and cleaning
« on: 2016-06-11 04:01:13 »
Hiyas! Being using the spoon method for a while now and got a question to those who being retracted for months or years:

1) What lubricant do you use to fold the skin with spoon? Is using vaseline or oils i.e: cocount oil advisable. What if I slipped 1 or 2 droplets of an antiseptic solution? Or is it won't be kind on the skin?

2) What often do you unfold it to clean it up? Do you experience less smegma build-up if compared when you were having your foreskin fully covering the glans? Or it's just the same?

Offline bobenc0

• NSFW Access
Re: Spoon method: Lubricants and cleaning
« Reply #1 on: 2016-06-11 05:47:26 »
When I tried spoon method before the skin could not stay retracted because of the lube, no matter spit, vaseline, oil or whatever I put it helped the skin to slip over the glans. So i tried it dry which did not really worked with the spoon, then I find my way to use my fingers on dry skin. I guess I can't really answer the first question but I think you can use most of the skin safe oils and creams.
About the second question, I unfold it once at the morning and once before bed just like I used to do before I start retracting it, well if I masturbate or have sex I unfold it again :)  Now I build-up smegma only under the foreskin because it is folded and there is no air (if I use tape method where the inner foreskin is exposed too there is no smeg. At all) but I have much less smeg. than before and it does Not smell at all, smells only when cover the glans.
hope I helped a bit :)
32 Y.O. Permanently retracted ever since May 09 2016. :)
... Self frenum pierced at Mar 19 2018 ...
I love it !

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #2 on: 2016-06-11 05:59:52 »
Hiyas! Being using the spoon method for a while now and got a question to those who being retracted for months or years:

1) What lubricant do you use to fold the skin with spoon? Is using vaseline or oils i.e: cocount oil advisable. What if I slipped 1 or 2 droplets of an antiseptic solution? Or is it won't be kind on the skin?

2) What often do you unfold it to clean it up? Do you experience less smegma build-up if compared when you were having your foreskin fully covering the glans? Or it's just the same?

I have never had much success with the spoon method, but I can tell you that I have used coconut oil as a lube, and I don't think there is any down side to using it. In fact it is said to have some natural antimicrobial properties. I don't really like Vaseline much for this sort of thing. It's too thick IMO, and may promote acne with extended use on normal skin. As for smegma, I have not had any for years. I am an intermittent retracter, so I am often covered. But even then, I just don't have that problem. Maybe if I didn't wash for a few days it would happen, but with daily washing, smegma is a non-issue for me. However, if I fold the skin onto itself, as in the spoon method, or tape method, it can get sweaty in there. So regular washing is recommended.

Offline Farhan8831

« Reply #3 on: 2016-06-11 06:03:12 »
Can imagine the spoon method without any lubricant will be painful. As my problem is smegma build up, I'll look into the tape method as well.

Offline Farhan8831

« Reply #4 on: 2016-06-11 06:06:11 »
I have never had much success with the spoon method, but I can tell you that I have used coconut oil as a lube, and I don't think there is any down side to using it. In fact it is said to have some natural antimicrobial properties. I don't really like Vaseline much for this sort of thing. It's too thick IMO, and may promote acne with extended use on normal skin. As for smegma, I have not had any for years. I am an intermittent retracter, so I am often covered. But even then, I just don't have that problem. Maybe if I didn't wash for a few days it would happen, but with daily washing, smegma is a non-issue for me. However, if I fold the skin onto itself, as in the spoon method, or tape method, it can get sweaty in there. So regular washing is recommended.

Besides, Vaseline is petroleum based so leaving it for on for extended duration may irritate the skin. I'm using coconut oil too at the moment.

Offline Jockbox

• NSFW Access
« Reply #5 on: 2016-06-13 10:56:58 »
Hi. I never had any issues with the spoon method. I just wet the cock head with water, foreskin back of cause, wet the the spoon handle and then did the business. Did take about 3 attempts though before the skin was folded enough to stay in place. Sorry to hear that it doesn't work for some of you.

Offline anon21

• NSFW Access
« Reply #6 on: 2016-06-13 22:10:56 »
Can imagine the spoon method without any lubricant will be painful. As my problem is smegma build up, I'll look into the tape method as well.

http://pulledback.org/index.php?topic=296.msg2560#msg2560

I do it dry, and I can say no pain, discomfort if anything. Just the same as when pinching your own skin, and not the really hard pinch either. Depends on the tool I guess?

For cleaning, I think frequent exposure/retraction and washing with water will do. I still spend the days covered more than retracted due to obstacles, but I can say I don't have any problem with smegma anymore ever since I started masturbating frequently, wash it with water after I'm finished and also retract everytime I take a shower.
« Last Edit: 2016-06-13 22:20:14 by anon21 »

Offline anon21

• NSFW Access
« Reply #7 on: 2016-06-13 22:25:06 »
And to add, I do it dry because it's easier to keep the skin tucked in by not being so slippery as opposed to if I use spit or water.

(Edit option for my previous reply seems to have expired, oh well)

Offline rema6969

« Reply #8 on: 2016-06-14 14:04:48 »
See first some days have to pull back with spoon to retract back of the edge of the penis. Now no need, just pull back with hands and it will be there as such without any problem. No need for any lubricants

Offline thesevenpointfive

• NSFW Access
« Reply #9 on: 2016-06-19 17:01:59 »
hi for me 1. i use water in the shower, it wet and allows the spoon to move easy, not tries with oil yet. for 2 every few days, at night allow it to stay back for a while in the shower, then spoon again for a few more days
Love skining back and letting my head show