Author Topic: Glans sensitivity  (Read 8967 times)

Offline brownuncut

Glans sensitivity
« on: 2015-11-23 17:00:33 »
Hey guys, just found this forum.

Does anyone else have a very sensitive glans? The top quarter is not that bad since it is exposed, but everything below that and especially the corona is so damn sensitive. It hurts to even touch it.

The problem is that I like the look of an exposed glans. However, I just can't bear to leave my foreskin pulled back because it is so painful. Anyone have any insights?

Offline Johnny_V

• NSFW Access
Re: Glans sensitivity
« Reply #1 on: 2015-11-23 18:02:40 »
Hello, glad you joined the forum,

Well on the topic, I think most of us, were like that at the beginning, just leave it retracted and be a man about it, and before you know it, the sensitivity will be normal.

Offline soundsgreat87

« Reply #2 on: 2015-11-23 18:17:06 »
Definitely a common experience. What you're gonna have to do is slowly work your way up to exposing the glans more and more.

I don't know if you have phimosis (tight foreskin), but regardless this guy's advice still holds true for reducing glans sensitivity: https://www.reddit.com/r/sex/comments/1x5tl1/how_i_fixed_my_phimosis_hypersensitive_glans/

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #3 on: 2015-11-23 19:36:57 »
Hey guys, just found this forum.

Does anyone else have a very sensitive glans? The top quarter is not that bad since it is exposed, but everything below that and especially the corona is so damn sensitive. It hurts to even touch it.

The problem is that I like the look of an exposed glans. However, I just can't bear to leave my foreskin pulled back because it is so painful. Anyone have any insights?

I have two suggestions for you, to help reduce the sensitivity of the glans, and help you with adaptation to a glans exposed lifestyle.

1.) You can use a protective fabric sleeve during the initial phase of retraction training. This may require that you use some sort of retraction aid device, like a glans ring or Kumakkey, to keep the foreskin retracted, and also to help the sleeve stay in place. I recommend products such as Surgilast or MT Spandage, although a number of good similar products are available from other manufacturers, and you may even find some pharmacies carry their own generic version. CVS has their own for instance, although I think they only offer one size now. You may have to experiment with different sizes to find a good fit. In any case, you can wear a sleeve like this over the glans while it is adapting. This will allow the glans to breath and dry out while at the same time protecting it from excessive friction. Over time your glans will become less sensitive, and you can try going without the sleeve. This helped me a lot in dealing with sensitivity while trying to sleep with an exposed glans.

2.) You can wear a folded up piece of toilet paper between your glans and foreskin for a while. This will absorb moisture and secretions that would otherwise build up between the foreskin and the glans, allowing your glans to get used to a more dried out state, and reduce sensitivity before you actually start retracting! I recommend taking one square of good quality, absorbent toilet paper (e.g. Charmin or Cottonelle) and folding it twice. Then, with the skin pulled back, place the paper over the glans, and pull the skin up over it. You can then sort of crimp the tip of the paper so that it better fits the tip of the glans. Just pop in a new piece every time you pee. It works well.

I am currently researching several substances which may help accelerate keratinization of the glans, and will be posting on this topic soon. Keep an eye out for that post, as it may help you as well.

Offline Teasle

• NSFW Access
« Reply #4 on: 2015-11-23 21:07:24 »
@jdm really nice suggestions thank you, i will try the toilet paper method!!

Offline brownuncut

« Reply #5 on: 2015-11-24 17:48:34 »
Thanks for your replies. I just wanted to see if others had experienced the same problem and whether they were able to overcome it.

jdm, one thing I'm worried about is paraphimosis when keeping the foreskin retracted. What are your thoughts on this?

Offline soundsgreat87

« Reply #6 on: 2015-11-24 18:50:46 »
If your foreskin is tight, paraphimosis can happen. If it's not, it most likely won't.

Minor swelling is not an issue, just push the skin forward again and let it go down. Eventually your skin will loosen enough that the swelling will not happen anymore.

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #7 on: 2015-11-25 21:12:56 »
Thanks for your replies. I just wanted to see if others had experienced the same problem and whether they were able to overcome it.

jdm, one thing I'm worried about is paraphimosis when keeping the foreskin retracted. What are your thoughts on this?

@Brownuncut: You didn't mention this in your original post. Have you experienced any problems that would lead you to think you might be at risk for a paraphimosis? Do you currently have a phimosis?

As a general rule, if you have no trouble retracting the foreskin fully, and no trouble pushing it back forward, then paraphimosis is not going to happen from keeping it retracted. You may get some minor, occasional swelling of the foreskin until it adapts to the new position and exposure, but this shouldn't be a problem unless your foreskin is unusually tight. Minor swelling is best dealt with by taking a break, and returning the foreskin to the forward position for a while, as recommended by Soundsgreat87.

If you have a tight phimotic ring (the puckered opening at the tip of the foreskin), it may actually help you keep the foreskin retracted in that it may sort of snap into place behind the glans, and stay there without the aid of any devices. I had that early on, but it stretched out fairly quickly to the point where it would no longer stay back on its own. But paraphimosis is something different. It's when your phimotic ring is so extremely small, and non-elastic (phimosis), that it gets stuck behind the glans, and cannot be pushed back over the glans (paraphimosis). In this case, the first thing medical professionals do is to try and squeeze the blood out of the glans to make it smaller, and bring the foreskin back over it (you can try this yourself). They may also use ice and/or drugs to reduce the swelling. Obviously if it was possible to pull the foreskin back behind the glans in the first place, then under the same conditions, it should be possible to return it to the forward position. The problem comes in when blood return from the glans is restricted so much that it swells up to the point where it can't go through the opening anymore. Only if they can't bring the foreskin back over the glans is surgery strictly necessary. But often a circumcision will still be advised/pushed, even if it's not really required. Don't believe the hype.

I'm not a doctor, so this is not medical advice, but I don't think you will ever get a true paraphimosis unless you have a true phimosis. And if you do, you shouldn't be trying to pull your foreskin behind the glans (yet). You should be focusing on expanding the phimotic ring to the point where you can pull the foreskin back without difficulty or danger. This can usually be achieved through the use of various stretching techniques, and steroid creams. There has been some good discussion about this in these forums. Once you reach that point, then you can start working on perpetual retraction as safely as anyone else.

Offline brownuncut

« Reply #8 on: 2015-11-27 03:53:09 »
jdm, thanks for your response. No, I don't have phimosis. I can retract fully back and push it forward. I guess I will not have any problems then.