News:

A forum for people interested in keeping the foreskin pulled back — be it for fun, for health reasons or anything else: Let's share experience, methods, stories and all that about our pulled back foreskins.

NB. This is not a circumcision support group. While there's no problem with cut guys, this isn't your place to live out your foreskin removal fetish — plenty of forums for that elsewhere.

Other than that: please read the Readme in the readme forum, write an intro... have fun I guess? :)

Please note that registration is manually approved due to Russian bot spam. Do not register multiple accounts, just wait till approved.

Main Menu

Attempt to stop my recurring balanitis

Started by Tugboat, 2022-11-27 12:50:54

Previous topic - Next topic

itsonlymeheredw

A combination of pulling back and making a real concerted effort to keep the area DRY helped rid me of balanitis. Took a couple of weeks after struggling for a year or more with flare ups.

Rj_103

I currently have balanitis, and seems like keeping the foreskin back has helped a lot of you. Once I finish the treatment definitely will try to keep it back 24/7. I have long foreskin (that's the main reason for my banalitis) any tips?

caveman

I have also had occasional balanitis and also yeast infections. Which I have found that a lot of it is an unbalance in your system, mostly GI  tract. The last time I had balanitis was right after I had Covid, which real threw my system out of balance. I'm a type 1 diabetic and while I was sick my blood sugars got way out of whack, and I also ended up with balanitis, but once I got my sugars under control and started taking probiotics to get my GI tract back in shape the blanitis went away. And I also used Lotrimin cream for a while to and I use a antifungal tea tree oil for soap to wash my penis every day, and I still do that and the probiotics. And It has been 2-1/2 years now without a problem.
caveman

baremountainman

Balanitis can flare up unexpectedly for different. I've had it from having sex with my wife at times she may have been developing yeast. Or the friction from sex open the door to infection. Other reasons have been as mundane as wearing underwear that doesn't breathe well on a hot day.

I've tried creams. They are usually creams that are over the counter without prescription made for women- vaginal creams. I've used antifungal creams prescribed by doctors. All of these creams tend to take 3 days to work and can thin the skin of used too often over a short time.

Some good options are antifunal powders made for athletes foot. It keeps the area dry and kills the infection. Another very good thing to use is coconut oil which is a natural anti fungal. It's works well and promotes healing. You might want to moisturize the glans and shaft after showering on a regular basis as a preventive.

If you keep retracted there should be less need for this but a little coconut oil once in awhile is good.

The thing with Balkan Otis is that sometimes it os hard to catch until it's progressed. The first sign is usually a smell for me. Then I'm quickly applying things to prevent a full blown outbreak. Even when a film of yeast is removed when it gets bad it can return without attention.

PossibleMagician130

Quote from: ThePiemel on 2022-12-03 10:04:48
An old trick against balinitis is to use a bit of apple cider vinager. It does sting a bit but next it is almost like an instant cure. The infection usually is not an "alien" microbe, but one that is natural in skin, and for some reason exploded in population. Antibiotics would basically try to kill them. Which then could lead to a new infection later on. Apple cider vinager restores the natural balance in the skin. Give it a try!

I'm saving this for the future! I haven't had balanitis in a very long time thankfully and I hope it stays that way!