News:

A forum for people interested in keeping the foreskin pulled back — be it for fun, for health reasons or anything else: Let's share experience, methods, stories and all that about our pulled back foreskins.

NB. This is not a circumcision support group. While there's no problem with cut guys, this isn't your place to live out your foreskin removal fetish — plenty of forums for that elsewhere.

Other than that: please read the Readme in the readme forum, write an intro... have fun I guess? :)

Please note that registration is manually approved due to Russian bot spam. Do not register multiple accounts, just wait till approved.

Main Menu

Terminology

Started by guest90, 2015-11-25 05:05:09

Previous topic - Next topic

guest90

Hi.

Since English is not my mother tongue, I've been wanting to ask someone from English speaking countries about this.

Do you know if there is any other word of phrase to mean "corona of glans" and "Collum glandis (neck of glans)"? Like a lay term or something.

The reason why I'm asking this is because the word, for example, "corona" doesn't sound like an everyday word to me. It sounds too academic. So, I thought there may be a more common word( or slang?) to express the area.

Turmion

Quote from: ss100 on 2015-11-25 05:05:09Do you know if there is any other word of phrase to mean "corona of glans"? Like a lay term or something.

Maybe "edge of glans"/"edge of the head" or so. ^^
Well, I'm not a native english speaker myself, so the the question remains...

soundsgreat87

Usually I heard guys calling it the "ridge" or "top ridge" of their glans.

guest90

Quote from: Turmion on 2015-11-25 05:58:21
Maybe "edge of glans"/"edge of the head" or so. ^^
Well, I'm not a native english speaker myself, so the the question remains...

Quote from: soundsgreat87 on 2015-11-25 06:52:37
Usually I heard guys calling it the "ridge" or "top ridge" of their glans.

Thank you , Turmion & soundsgreat87!

Edge/ridge, I've never thought of that. These are the answers I was hoping!

Very helpful, thank you.

jdm

Quote from: ss100 on 2015-11-25 05:05:09
Hi.

Since English is not my mother tongue, I've been wanting to ask someone from English speaking countries about this.

Do you know if there is any other word of phrase to mean "corona of glans" and "Collum glandis (neck of glans)"? Like a lay term or something.

The reason why I'm asking this is because the word, for example, "corona" doesn't sound like an everyday word to me. It sounds too academic. So, I thought there may be a more common word( or slang?) to express the area.

Frankly, "glans" isn't really a common word either. In USA, most people call it the "head" or "nob". In UK, they call it a "bell end". I have always heard the corona glandis referred to simply as the "corona" or the "rim". The collum glandis is also know as the coronal sulcus, and often called simply the "sulcus" or the "groove". But I think most people on this site are familiar with multiple terms, so you are likely to be understood however you call it. :)

guest90

Thanks, jdm!

"Coronal sulcus" is a new word to me :)

Is it appropriate to say the sulcus is "deep"? Or should I use other adjectives?

jdm

Quote from: ss100 on 2015-11-26 03:30:50
Thanks, jdm!

"Coronal sulcus" is a new word to me :)

Is it appropriate to say the sulcus is "deep"? Or should I use other adjectives?

Sure, deep is fine.