News:

A forum for people interested in keeping the foreskin pulled back — be it for fun, for health reasons or anything else: Let's share experience, methods, stories and all that about our pulled back foreskins.

NB. This is not a circumcision support group. While there's no problem with cut guys, this isn't your place to live out your foreskin removal fetish — plenty of forums for that elsewhere.

Other than that: please read the Readme in the readme forum, write an intro... have fun I guess? :)

Please note that registration is manually approved due to Russian bot spam. Do not register multiple accounts, just wait till approved.

Main Menu

Having to say goodbye.

Started by HeroicGlance, 2024-02-20 00:22:38

Previous topic - Next topic

HeroicGlance

Hey, all.

Been here for a while, and enjoyed the conversation, and information - but my experiment in frenulum fixing had a bad outcome.

Ya see - after 21 years of being able to keep my foreskin retracted 24-7, hands-free - In July, I cut my frenulum (via "tying off" using a fistula remaining from an old frenum piercing.)

That 48-hour process disrupted a delicate balance that had kept things in place for years, and for the first time in years, my foreskin slipped back over my glans one day soon afterward, while I was grocery shopping.

After having things "bare" down there for so long, it was an odd sensation - especially when I was erect - there was suddenly a feeling of "too much skin."

Argh. This sucked - seriously.

A few months earlier, I had actually been kicked off an autocirc subreddit after posting a pic of my progress - because they said I was posting pics of a cut dick (which I considered the most sincere of compliments, actually.)

Now, I felt like I was back to square one.

Simply put: I had a half-inch ring of skin removed from the circumference of the shaft, keeping the foreskin and frenulum intact - otherwise known as a "cosmetic circumcision."  I won't go into details here- you can check out my thread over on the Frenulum Fixing forum, for more info.

As I underwent that procedure, I unfortunately am no longer in a position to discuss or speak on te topic of autocircumcision with any authority, so, I am bidding ya'll goodbye.

I wish ya'll well, and urge you:

Take pride in your body, and be careful with what you do with it - and avoid circumcision at all costs!

If you want to -  follow me over on reddit - my username is "PenisPerfection"

Retracting for 21 years. Heterosexual.

Nivek

Oh hey!

Well, you don't have to leave. None of us have any actual "authority". All we have is experience, some more and some less. You probably have more, since you were pulled back for such a long time!

Now I do have questions!
Why do you say to avoid circumcision at all cost? Did yours not go well? Does the glans feel exactly the same as when you were pulled back, or did you lose even more sensation?

Thanks in advance.

Kylar

You absolutely don't need to leave.  Your input and your experience is valuable still.

Apropos of, how much can you cover after shortening your foreskin like that?

scotsguy27

I understand and thank you for your time here.

I will agree with others. You can still contribute in other ways. I stopped retracting a while ago due to a small cut in my glans. I'm still on the site now and again.

GarethUK

I'm sorry to hear that your journey took an unwelcome turn, totally agree with the other posters that it would be a huge shame if you left the site. You've given so much helpful input, and nothing of what you've learnt on your retraction journey is invalidated by it ending somewhere unexpected. I really hope you'll stick with it and keep making your interesting and wise contributions.

HeroicGlance

Quote from: Nivek on 2024-02-20 15:12:15

Why do you say to avoid circumcision at all cost? Did yours not go well? Does the glans feel exactly the same as when you were pulled back, or did you lose even more sensation?

I am hesitant to discuss this in detail here, because, as it is clearly and appropriately stated:

This is NOT a circumcision discussion forum.

If you want to discuss this in detail you can chat with me on reddit.

But quick answer:  It's the same - however, hmn...

Again - I would rather not discuss the process here, out of respect for the forum's rules.

HeroicGlance

Quote from: Kylar on 2024-02-20 18:10:57
You absolutely don't need to leave.  Your input and your experience is valuable still.

Apropos of, how much can you cover after shortening your foreskin like that?

I can push it over the coronal ridge, but no further.

Nivek

Thanks Heroic glance for the reply.

For me, the quick answer is sufficient.

HeroicGlance

Quote from: Nivek on 2024-02-21 10:07:05
Thanks Heroic glance for the reply.

For me, the quick answer is sufficient.

K- I will answer about sensitivity:

Understand - prior to this, I had been retracting full-time for around two years.  My glans is pretty much 90% keratinized at this point.

So, really, sensitivity is the same as before.  The one change is that it feels somehow a bit more "comfortable," overall - because there is less of a "bunching" feel around the shaft.

Nivek

Thank you for the reply.

So being pulled back full-time exposes the head just as much as circumcision :)

Kylar

That rule is there to discourage people making posts/threads explicitly about circumcision, as a form of advocacy or advertisement of a "solution" — to avoid turning the forum into the zillionth circumcision forum out there.

If someone does go down the route of getting it done (and a whole bunch of people here have), it has not been an issue that they say so, and mention how they're faring afterward, answer questions, whatever — the discussion tends to fizzle out quickly as the curiosity settles, and said people usually get somewhat disinterested in the forum because of their... non-involvement in the fun anyway :P  Sometimes a mod does step in and says "now, now", and then the people return to what they were doing before.

It becomes a problem when it is used as a distraction from the core topic.  We have seen a few of those, most of the membership knows the difference well.

GarethUK

That makes total sense, Kylar, but I think HG is a rather special case here! As he still has his foreskin, it's an interesting debate as to whether he has actually been circumcised in the way most of us would understand it anyway, and I for one would be very interested to carry on hearing his new experiences as well as learning from those he had before his procedure. Perhaps doing so might even help save others from taking steps  they later regret. In any case, I doubt very much that HG will become the sort of rabid pro-circumciser that isn't a good fit on here, so he hope he sticks with us.

Kylar

Quote from: GarethUK on 2024-02-22 21:54:35
That makes total sense, Kylar, but I think HG is a rather special case here! As he still has his foreskin, it's an interesting debate as to whether he has actually been circumcised in the way most of us would understand it anyway, and I for one would be very interested to carry on hearing his new experiences as well as learning from those he had before his procedure. Perhaps doing so might even help save others from taking steps they later regret.

Yeah.  Again, we have had other members who had gone under the knife, said so, usually digging up their intros, wrote briefly about their experience, it's fine.  (They usually leave afterwards anyway.)  Can't remember who is a long time member who arrived here though circumcised long ago, he's mentioned it a few times, and that he wished he would have kept it pulled back instead or something but he hadn't known — it's never advocacy one way or another, comes up a few times as conversations come and go, it's fine.

It's not inserted into the topic like... "but DID YOU KNOW YOU COULD".  Or flaunting it around otherwise.  You get the idea.  It's not the topic of the forum, take it to the zillion other places :D

Quote from: GarethUK on 2024-02-22 21:54:35
In any case, I doubt very much that HG will become the sort of rabid pro-circumciser that isn't a good fit on here, so he hope he sticks with us.

Exactly — I appreciate his carefulness, and I tried to point out that maybe he is being too careful.  But yeah, all in all probably best not to open the can of worms if that's most appropriate for everyone, and moving the discussion to Reddit or wherever is not a bad idea.

HeroicGlance

Quote from: Nivek on 2024-02-22 10:47:27
Thank you for the reply.

So being pulled back full-time exposes the head just as much as circumcision :)

Well, yeah - I forget exactly when, but after keeping things retracted 24/7 for about a half-year, I felt pretty much the same as I did before pulling things back.

And that's something that some folks who "enjoy the feeling of having their head exposed" occasionally need to understand:

If you are trying for full-time retraction, that intense feeling fades to nothing, after a while.  The best analogy I can come up with:

Your glans becomes like the underside of your foot - you walk around all day, but barely feel it.  But if you touch the bottom of your foot with a feather, a pin, or your finger, you still feel it intensely.

HeroicGlance

Quote from: Kylar on 2024-02-22 21:33:22
It becomes a problem when it is used as a distraction from the core topic.  We have seen a few of those, most of the membership knows the difference well.

Cool- I hope that will happen, rather than me getting banned immediately.  I actually never wanted this to happen.