Author Topic: Other intermittent retractors?  (Read 4489 times)

Offline njshore37

• NSFW Access
  • Novice giving retraction a try...at age 63
Other intermittent retractors?
« on: 2020-05-04 13:15:22 »
I'm an occasional reader here and an occasional retractor. I, as many here, like the look, lessened oversensitivity, and the cleanliness of retraction. I try it for a while (usually using an elastic band or just tucking in briefs for a day), but always go back to living with a forward foreskin for a few weeks. I think of it as a happy medium. I am less sensitive and a lot of that constant stickiness underneath is gone. Plus I wash often anyway.

The question is: are there other part-timers like me? I feel that if I stay with it I may go too far and lose too much sensitivity. Do others find that? Or do folks find that 24/7 is really the best after you make the effort to stay the course? Note: I am older than most here, so the natural familiarity with sex over the years with my one partner have me lasting long enough. I'm on the wanting to make sure I get excited enough (get a hard on, not last too long) side of things.

Other part-timers out there? Comments in general? Thx.
64 year old giving the retracted foreskin a cautious try. Motivated by hygiene, look, and desire for some desensitization (not too much).  Happy I found this forum.. Advice welcome!

Offline anon21

• NSFW Access
Re: Other intermittent retractors?
« Reply #1 on: 2020-05-04 14:26:29 »
Intermittent here. I usually alternate every (other) day. Never been with a partner yet but as far as masturbation goes sensitivity is still fine as far as I'm concerned, never lasted noticeably quicker than normal for an extended period.

For the results, basically the same. I have quite a lot of foreskin overhang so I don't expect it to like be able to stay retracted on its own anytime soon, but it's been 4 years since I actually started retracting and at least 3 years prior to that that I started masturbating regularly (and finding out the first time ever I can retract around 13-14yo, 25 now), so it's stretched plenty enough.

Offline Fabik

• NSFW Access
« Reply #2 on: 2020-05-04 19:03:45 »
The question is: are there other part-timers like me?
Of course.

I feel that if I stay with it I may go too far and lose too much sensitivity. Do others find that?
Same for me.

lot of foreskin overhang so I don't expect it to like be able to stay retracted on its own anytime soon
I don't think one is correlated with the other - I have a long foreskin but I can stay restracted just fine - however I can't always stand the exposure especially the inner foreskin.

I, as many here, like the look, lessened oversensitivity, and the cleanliness of retraction.
I am sceptical that retraction is any cleaner.

Offline Daffyskin

• NSFW Access
  • The beauty of a foreskin is in pulling it back.
« Reply #3 on: 2020-05-04 19:11:03 »
I've been a part-timer as well over a few years. Usually retracting for short periods, I enjoyed the new fresh sensation each time. I also started to like the change in my glans as it progressed. However, I always went back to covered up, either for a change or (more importantly) to 'reset' things so that I could start afresh again.

My experience is that sensitivity does return after re-covering, but I suspect the rate and extent that it does will depend on the the period of retraction. I think that in my case a complete return to 100% pre-retraction conditions does not occur, and maybe never will, but this also means I'm not starting from scratch each time.

I'm currently continuing with my longest period (5 weeks permanently so far) and it has started to feel like the new normal now. I'm not sure if I have crossed a tipping point into full-time retraction or whether at some point I may cover up again.

I think a part-time approach does provide the 'happy medium' you mention, and another method of achieving this might be to alternate it between day & night. Ultimately, I suppose it depends on what you want to achieve and how it feels for you.
Full-time retractor.
I just love tucking back and free-balling.

Offline Hazeleye

• NSFW Access
« Reply #4 on: 2020-05-05 04:30:01 »
I am sceptical that retraction is any cleaner.
If you are skeptical that retraction is any cleaner, it would seem obvious that you are not a long time permanent retractor. I was retracted fully for 35 years, went covered for 25 more years and, while some accumulations did resume, they were nothing like what I had before I originally started retracting.

Offline Fabik

• NSFW Access
« Reply #5 on: 2020-05-05 17:55:38 »
If you are skeptical that retraction is any cleaner, it would seem obvious that you are not a long time permanent retractor. I was retracted fully for 35 years, went covered for 25 more years and, while some accumulations did resume, they were nothing like what I had before I originally started retracting.
I am definitely not. But my experience is :
  • Dead hair now fall onto glans instead of foreskin and will attach to it
  • Some piss seems to leak in the underwear, when the foreskin would normally retain it
  • Dust, dirt, etc... will come on your glans that normally would be protected by the foreskin
  • Sometimes I would even have pre-cum leaking out of the penis (while flaccid and non-aroused), something that I never experienced before

Sure the absence of smegna is great, but that seems to be the only thing that is cleaner with retraction; and if you wash properly you can limit it anyway.

Offline Aftskin

• NSFW Access
« Reply #6 on: 2020-05-06 22:22:03 »
I am definitely not. But my experience is :
  • Dead hair now fall onto glans instead of foreskin and will attach to it
  • Some piss seems to leak in the underwear, when the foreskin would normally retain it
  • Dust, dirt, etc... will come on your glans that normally would be protected by the foreskin
  • Sometimes I would even have pre-cum leaking out of the penis (while flaccid and non-aroused), something that I never experienced before

Sure the absence of smegna is great, but that seems to be the only thing that is cleaner with retraction; and if you wash properly you can limit it anyway.

All your hair that you can see outside of your skin is dead. If you mean fallen out hair then as the glans is dry these would normally not stick to it. Same goes for dust or lint from clothing, it just brushes off with a finger tip if I happen to see a bit on the glans.

Maybe some urine can leak onto underwear, but urine itself is sterile and it will dry quickly on the clothing, whereas it would stay wet and warm under the foreskin which is the ideal environment for bacteria to grow.

You get precum leaking when going retracted if you are not fully used to the feeling as being normal. Your body understands the friction caused by underwear to be a sexual thing and creates the precum. Once your body is used to the feeling as being normal, this doesn't happen.
Permanently retracted since September of 2010.

Offline CuriousSkinner

• NSFW Access
« Reply #7 on: 2020-05-07 07:52:30 »
I am intermittent as well. since doing it on and off I have definitely found reduced sensitivity and reduced stickiness as you have said. In fact earlier I had to check it was still pulled back because I wasn't 100% sure. The reduced stickiness is a big bonus as well though.  I'm on day 2 retracted this week, but again like you I do spend most of my time pulled forward.

I have found a few weird things as well whilst pulled back. Namely getting it out for a wee through my fly is more difficult. I never realised how much I just grabbed the foreskin before!

I like having a foreskin so like to mix it up and wouldn't want to lose it or lose too much sensitivity. 

Offline scotsguy27

• NSFW Access
« Reply #8 on: 2020-05-08 18:47:26 »
Evening,

I pull back now and again as well. I go through periods, usually 2-3 weeks pulled back then spend some time covered. It really depends on what my week looks like and if I'm in the mood I love the look of being retracted but also like the feeling on being covered. As someone else mentioned, its a happy medium.

Offline __

• NSFW Access
« Reply #9 on: 2020-05-09 13:29:52 »
I'm an occasional reader here and an occasional retractor. I, as many here, like the look, lessened oversensitivity, and the cleanliness of retraction. I try it for a while (usually using an elastic band or just tucking in briefs for a day), but always go back to living with a forward foreskin for a few weeks. I think of it as a happy medium. I am less sensitive and a lot of that constant stickiness underneath is gone. Plus I wash often anyway.

The question is: are there other part-timers like me? I feel that if I stay with it I may go too far and lose too much sensitivity. Do others find that? Or do folks find that 24/7 is really the best after you make the effort to stay the course? Note: I am older than most here, so the natural familiarity with sex over the years with my one partner have me lasting long enough. I'm on the wanting to make sure I get excited enough (get a hard on, not last too long) side of things.

Other part-timers out there? Comments in general? Thx.

Hi There,
I'm not a part-timer ... always wanted to go for 24/7 when I started in earnest. However, I'm close to your age group (not there yet, but 50s are coming to an end). I hear your concerns about sensitivity and modifying your sexual response. In retrospect, I think there is a point of no return - when you are exposed 24/7 for a very long period (at least a year I would venture), the global feeling will be altered, and if you want to go back to a pristine state, I'm not sure how long it would take. So for you to enjoy some benefits but not pass that threshold, I would advise that you keep the retracted periods decidedly shorter than the normal times. Retract "here and there" so the glans learns to be more tolerant of being exposed, but by and large stay covered, so that your glans never gets keratinized. Any chafing will cause extra cell layers to build up as a response, so when pulling back always make sure to cover again before redness and/or numbness occurs.

All the best.

Offline TapedStick

• NSFW Access
« Reply #10 on: 2020-05-10 03:55:07 »
I'm intermittent here too. I want to retain full sensitivity. I think permanent pullback could deaden things, so I only pull back recreationally I guess you'd say.