Author Topic: IM A SKEPTIC... PROVE ME WRONG???  (Read 8506 times)

Offline Qatar

• NSFW Access
IM A SKEPTIC... PROVE ME WRONG???
« on: 2020-05-04 00:52:26 »
Hey, I'm 19 and I've been pulling back on and off for about 2 years now. As it says in the title, I am skeptical that pulling back the foreskin at all times can eventually lead to permanent retraction. The primary reason for me wanting to be able to retract permanently is because it would reduce the odor coming from the region, and I think it would look better as well.

For one, I feel like I started in my retraction process too late for my foreskin to be able to shrink behind my head at this point in my life. If I had consistently been retracting before/going into puberty, it probably would have prevented my foreskin from growing along with my penis(i.e. the Japanese). However, I have an elephant's trunk on my penis when it is flaccid, and I don't think there is any way to combat this, even if I retract over time.

The end goal of this for me is to essentially shrink my foreskin so that it is able to stay retracted whenever I want it to be. Honestly, I have not seen any signs that would tell me this is possible. I have tried using silicon rings, but they%u2019re super uncomfortable and just restrict blood flow. The taping method doesn%u2019t really help when I am flaccid.

A note: I have attached pictures of me erect and flaccid below. Although I'm able to easily roll my foreskin behind my head while I am erect, if I'm flaccid it can easily roll back over, especially in my sleep. Please respond if you have similar experiences or if you have any ideas of how to keep it behind the head.

Offline Kylar

• Global Moderator
Re: IM A SKEPTIC... PROVE ME WRONG???
« Reply #1 on: 2020-05-04 01:10:06 »
Well... I'm not really sure it's possible to shrink the skin.  It hasn't changed length for me, that's for sure.  And I have a long foreskin too, and for a long time the only way it would remain retracted was to fold it, which is what you seem to be doing.  But eventually it ended up staying back without folding too, much more than it did years ago.  So I guess something did change in my foreskin.

Offline Kylar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: 2020-05-04 01:12:52 »
Also maybe you're taking this way too seriously :D  Calm down and have fun, is all I say :)

Offline Foreback123

• NSFW Access
« Reply #3 on: 2020-05-04 02:57:19 »
As Kylar says you’re taking this too seriously, maybe you were using the wrong methods or your foreskin will take a lot of time to get accustomed to be retracted. Either way just try to have fun doing it and don’t sweat it.

Offline thesevenpointfive

• NSFW Access
« Reply #4 on: 2020-05-04 06:51:16 »
Well... I'm not really sure it's possible to shrink the skin.  It hasn't changed length for me, that's for sure.  And I have a long foreskin too, and for a long time the only way it would remain retracted was to fold it, which is what you seem to be doing.  But eventually it ended up staying back without folding too, much more than it did years ago.  So I guess something did change in my foreskin.

I don't think it will ever, some people have no issue as the skin is tight. I have been doing it for years and the skin will go back, but a times it will go forward. The skin does not shrink there is no evidence that this occurs, i just think that some have the ability with a biggish head and tight skin may satay back.  I think that the creation of those ridge is where guys with long foreskins which seems the one way that it  stays back.
Love skining back and letting my head show

Offline Fabik

• NSFW Access
« Reply #5 on: 2020-05-04 19:14:28 »
Hey, I'm 19 and I've been pulling back on and off for about 2 years now. As it says in the title, I am skeptical that pulling back the foreskin at all times can eventually lead to permanent retraction. The primary reason for me wanting to be able to retract permanently is because it would reduce the odor coming from the region, and I think it would look better as well.
Well for once, I can't say whether the foreskin can get smaller overtime or not, but in any case this in itself doesn't prevent you to retract.

Also I'm sceptical that retraction would reduce the odour coming from the region. On the other hand, since the foreskin won't barrier the odours your dick might stink more.

Offline Pulledbackbelgian

• NSFW Access
« Reply #6 on: 2020-05-04 22:53:41 »
Qatar, the odor coming from the region down under is a problem of personal hygiene.
Even when pulled back 24/7 your penis can become smelly when you don't wash it regularly (like once a day).
It is the smegma that is the cause of the odor.

I think most of us here on the forum keep the foreskin back for fun and the looks of it, some do it for medical reasons.

Why don't you try the spoon method for keeping your foreskin back?
Like you I have a pretty long foreskin and the spoon method works just fine for me.

Offline Qatar

• NSFW Access
« Reply #7 on: 2020-05-05 02:38:24 »
Qatar, the odor coming from the region down under is a problem of personal hygiene.
Even when pulled back 24/7 your penis can become smelly when you don't wash it regularly (like once a day).
It is the smegma that is the cause of the odor.
Just speaking personally, I've realized that the odor comes from the moisture that is held in by the penis. When I retract, much of the odor is able to go away because it stays dry, although the smell still sometimes persists due to the inner foreskin under the head of my penis gaining moisture. Also to address those who are saying I should take it easy, I'm just curious to hear out some opinions is all :)

Offline Hazeleye

• NSFW Access
« Reply #8 on: 2020-05-05 04:47:43 »
You will never "shrink" the skin. However, especially if one is a bit of a shower, it is possible to develop deep shaft wrinkles that in essence "shrinks" the skin having the same effect as being circumcised. I know, in my heyday when having intercourse the foreskin never covered the glans, it was just like having been circ'd.

Offline retreactor

• NSFW Access
« Reply #9 on: 2020-05-05 06:22:10 »
Looking at your configuration (only one photo working, though), which is exactly like mine I can only agree to your scepticism. Pulling back can not shrink that amount of skin, so we are more or less dependent on one or another device or technique. Which is not all in all bad: I've ben using a glans ring for 8 months 24/7 and got totally used to it. It is like underware or glasses or a tie-simply  something you put on every morning. I understand you did not like the silicon - have you tried a different material? I use a textyle model myself and has worked fine.

As for the odour: with a normal daily hygiene odour sometimes occurs due to some fungal infection of the glans/foreskin. Try something from a pharmacy, there should be  non-presciption products available.

And, as Kylar and others rightly put it: it is the path, not the goal, that matters.
A retractor's quest is never complete.

Offline Kylar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: 2020-05-05 10:13:12 »
Also I'm sceptical that retraction would reduce the odour coming from the region. On the other hand, since the foreskin won't barrier the odours your dick might stink more.

That's roughly the opposite of what is true, and I'm frankly very surprised you don't know this, for how vocal you tend to be about your opinions.

Sure, if you have been keeping it covered and you uncover it without washing, it will smell more (for a while) because there's no barrier.  But once you wash it, whatever is causing the smell (pee, precum, cum, other kinds of natural secretions) isn't getting trapped under the skin if it's kept uncovered, so it gets less smelly.

Offline __

• NSFW Access
« Reply #11 on: 2020-05-05 17:04:18 »

I'm surprised by this statement, because it goes against my experience. When the glans is exposed, after some time smegma will no longer form, and bacteria that used to live in the closed environment under the prepuce can no longer develop. Two very good reasons that contribute to better hygiene and getting rid of odors.

Offline Fabik

• NSFW Access
« Reply #12 on: 2020-05-05 17:49:12 »
That's roughly the opposite of what is true, and I'm frankly very surprised you don't know this, for how vocal you tend to be about your opinions.
I could be mistaken, but you need to prove me wrong.

But once you wash it, whatever is causing the smell (pee, precum, cum, other kinds of natural secretions) isn't getting trapped under the skin if it's kept uncovered, so it gets less smelly.
That's true wherever you're retracting or not - obviously it won't smell after washing and will smell at some point later no matter where your foreskin is.

However, when you're retracting whathever is causing the smell is trapped by your underwear instead of the foreskin. So it makes the underwear dirty a lot quicker than when wearking the foreskin forward, and smell more. Taking your clothes off while retracting is like retracting while wearing your foreskin, it exposes the inner glans, potentially stinking. To me during my retraction experiences it felt like it was smelling at least as much as before but I might just have been unlucky.

When the glans is exposed, after some time smegma will no longer form, and bacteria that used to live in the closed environment under the prepuce can no longer develop
Might be, I don't know - but bacteria in the body is not necessairly bad, for example you couldn't digest food at all without them. Or maybe retracting day only doesn't make the effect it does for those doing it 24/7 ?

Offline Daffyskin

• NSFW Access
  • The beauty of a foreskin is in pulling it back.
« Reply #13 on: 2020-05-05 18:16:08 »
Qatar, I assure you that permanent retraction is entirely possible. My skin stays back continuously of it's own accord with no additional measures, and has always done so; similarly, it will stay forward. I am sure there are other people like this, but realise this isn't the case for everyone.

I'm also interested in the possibility that the foreskin may apparently reduce in length. I doubt that it can shrink in the sense that there is less of it, but wonder whether it might lose some elasticity and contract in length. This may manifest as a plumping out of the shaft skin, or be taken up in the development of deep shaft wrinkles (as described by others). If this is so, then I also wonder if any such contraction is reversible by skinning forward and stretching.

Of course, everyone is an individual with different sizes, shapes and retraction abilities, so any such effect is unlikely to be universal. As Kylar says, for him there is no effect. As an experiment I have taken a photo of my skin forward to compare at some time in the future after extended retraction.

My belief based on my own circumstances is that retraction has REDUCED odour to minimal, and smegma is now non-existent (even without daily washing). This seems to be the experience of most, but again everyone has their own experience (as Fabik has described).
Full-time retractor.
I just love tucking back and free-balling.

Offline __

• NSFW Access
« Reply #14 on: 2020-05-06 00:56:37 »
Might be, I don't know - but bacteria in the body is not necessairly bad, for example you couldn't digest food at all without them. Or maybe retracting day only doesn't make the effect it does for those doing it 24/7 ?

I agree with that, but like all bacterial populatlons they vary according to the individual and the circumstances. For instance, if you wash too much and/or with too agressive detergents, you can upset the balance, and the bacteria will be replaced by others which may be less friendly. Or worse, yeast might install because bacteria are no longer there to prevent it.
In my case if I washed more than once a day, it would inevitably lead to balanoposthitis after some weeks. If I washed once a day with mild gel, I never got any infection - so the balance was there - but there was a strong odor at the end of the day. And this got worse with age.
Being retracted 24/7 cured this - I don't doubt there are bacteria still, like you said, but clearly they are not the same on a dry and exposed glans, than before on a wet and hidden glans. Whatever bacteria I have now don't show a tendency to go out of control, to be replaced by worse ones, and they don't generate any odor. Maybe this will shed some light on my decision to go bare 'forever'.