Poll

Do you moisturize your head and foreskin?

I just leave it alone
86 (71.1%)
I use a moisturizer
19 (15.7%)
I try and dry it out with alcohol etc
16 (13.2%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Author Topic: To moisturize or not  (Read 6891 times)

Offline headytimes

• NSFW Access
To moisturize or not
« on: 2019-10-09 22:33:54 »
Interested in what everyone  in particular the long term retractors are doing. I never used to use anything but over the last month or so have started using some moisturizer ( Lubriderm) and to be honest it looks and feels much better.
Retracted since Summer 2016

Offline Lanyx

• NSFW Access
Re: To moisturize or not
« Reply #1 on: 2019-10-10 11:55:53 »
I don't moisturise, I leave it alone.

Offline __

• NSFW Access
« Reply #2 on: 2019-10-11 23:05:32 »
I'm all for moisturizing ! For those who have been exposed for a long time : try any scar reduction gel which has some silicone in it. Just a tiny sliver massaged on the glans will eliminate all chafing and preserve a moist skin. It's like wearing teflon !

Offline camchain

• NSFW Access
« Reply #3 on: 2019-10-12 10:48:47 »
I do, i find it helps and it smels nice to, keep's things fresh.

Offline thesevenpointfive

• NSFW Access
« Reply #4 on: 2019-10-14 10:11:45 »
No, the idea is to get the head dry and less sensitive. There is nothing stopping you moisturising the head though. I just want the head to be really dry
Love skining back and letting my head show

Offline thesevenpointfive

• NSFW Access
« Reply #5 on: 2019-10-14 10:15:12 »
I'm all for moisturizing ! For those who have been exposed for a long time : try any scar reduction gel which has some silicone in it. Just a tiny sliver massaged on the glans will eliminate all chafing and preserve a moist skin. It's like wearing teflon !

well might try that then  8)
Love skining back and letting my head show

Offline DarkFox

• NSFW Access
« Reply #6 on: 2019-10-28 00:19:52 »
I think it makes little to no difference if you stay retracted all day. It'll eventually dry anyway as soon as you wear your underwear again :)
Also your glans will get moisturized anyway when you have your daily shower.

Offline __

• NSFW Access
« Reply #7 on: 2019-10-29 20:29:01 »
I think it makes little to no difference if you stay retracted all day. It'll eventually dry anyway as soon as you wear your underwear again :)
Also your glans will get moisturized anyway when you have your daily shower.

I beg to differ, plus, soap or shower products will in fact dry the head too much if you're not careful. I know some will pursue having the "driest" possible glans, and I respect that - but in my experience this leads to cracking and too much desensitisation over the long term. I take care of my glans so it maintains an aspect comparable to my lips - both surfaces derive from a mucosa. Of course, it's "dry" in the sense that it is no longer always wet with fluid, but the new surface is healthy and not cracked. Thickening, not drying out,  provides protection from the sensation of rubbing. I feel it is important that there's no hardened surface, otherwise the pleasurable sensation would be dulled too much. This might be amusing at the beginning, when you can always go back - but for the long run, no.